This lesson plan has everything you need to implicitly teach your students about the second Standard of Mathematic Practice – Reason abstractly and quantitatively. The lesson was created for a 7th grade math class, but could be adapted easily for other grade levels.
Included in the file are:
- Lesson Plans in both Smart Notebook and PowerPoint format
- Foldable to help students understand the difference between contextualizing and decontextualizing (in multiple sizes)
- Guided notes to help organize students thinking
- Homework worksheet with solutions
- Links to additional resources about this practice standard
Additional lesson plans covering the other practice standards will be available at my store in the near future.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License