This unit is just what you need to teach, practice, or review a common core informational skill with a fun winter seasonal twist! This unit aligns to the following Common Core standards:
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.4.5 Describe the overall structure (e.g., chronology, comparison, cause/effect, problem/solution) of events, ideas, concepts, or information in a text or part of a text.
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.5.5 Compare and contrast the overall structure (e.g., chronology, comparison, cause/effect, problem/solution) of events, ideas, concepts, or information in two or more texts.
This unit includes:
• Text Features Snowflake- Students cut out the definition of each text structure and match it with the correct text structure on the snowflake. Great hallway display!
• 5 Informational Text about winter weather- One for each text structure for students to read and figure out the text structure.
• Student Text Feature Booklet- A booklet that includes a chart of all the text structures with key words and graphic organizers for each. As well as a page for each text structure to complete with information from one of the informational text included in this unit.
• Snowman Venn Diagram Activity- Students will choose two of the informational text in the unit and compare and contrast the two text and how they present the information about winter weather.
• SNOWBODY knows Text Structures like we Do! Hallway sign to hang with your snowmen and/or snowflakes.
Check out the preview!