Wouldn't it be great to be able to build a snowman even if you lived where it never snowed? Our low prep SNOWMEN Fine Motor Busy Bins are the perfect way to bring winter into your preschool (pre-k) classroom!
The Snowmen Fine Motor Busy Bins include 12 printable activities that offer fine motor practice
which is key to developing little hand muscles to be ready to cut with scissors, hold pencils the correct way, buttoning jackets, opening lunch boxes, and tying shoes!
Each busy bin includes a direction and supplies page, and a label for your bin. They are set up as completely independent morning work tub activities for pre-k
. The busy bins are also perfect to use with younger preschoolers during circle and small group time.
----> The snowmen fine motor busy bins are the 9th set in our ENDLESS Themed Fine Motor Busy Bins Bundle
. The bundle is the way to go!
Print and prep the fine motor busy bins, and store them in small storage containers with lids (mine are from Walmart - some teachers use ziplock or colorful buckets). Switch out the 12 activities each time you switch themes. Genius idea!
What is a busy bin exactly?
A busy bin is similar to a busy bag activity. You put the activity together and store it in a bin to be used over and over again. Busy bins are reusable learning activities – prep once and play forever!
Each fine motor busy bin activity comes with an instruction page and a label for your bin.
SNOWMEN FINE MOTOR BUSY BINS
Snowy Snap Cube Pictures
– Connect snap cubes together to build the snowman themed pictures using the included patterns.
Snowball Play Dough Shapes
- Trace or fill in the shaped snowball on the mitten with play dough.
Count & Build Snowmen
- Use cotton balls or white pom poms to count and add the correct number of snowballs to the snowman.
Snowman Magnetic Words
- Match magnetic letters to the letters in the word on the card using uppercase or lowercase magnets.
Snowy Trace Cards
- Trace the snowman and winter themed pictures and the dotted letters in the picture words with dry erase markers.
Snowman Numbers 1-20
- Build the numbers with mini erasers or buttons using the correct number formation.
Carrot Nose Mazes
- Help the snowman find his carrot nose by completing the mazes correctly.
Making Hole Punch Snowballs
- Use a hole punch to poke snowballs from paper. Choose from 2 versions - one with hole punch guide holes and one to freely punch holes.
Snowman Hat Color Clip Cards
- Identify the color of the snowman hat at the top of the card and then clip the matching colored hats below with clothespins.
Melted Snowman Writing
- Practice writing uppercase and lowercase letters on the melted snow squish bag.
Snowy Play Dough Pictures
- Roll play dough out into "snakes" and balls to build snowy pictures. Trace the letters in the words with play dough or dry erase markers.
Snowman Letter Find
- Find all of the same letters that match the letter in the middle of the cards and mark them with buttons.
EXTRA SUPPLIES & MANIPULATIVES:
The printable pieces of each busy bin are included in the file. Laminating the pieces is recommended. The other supplies include:
dry erase markers
play dough or wikki stix
cotton balls or white pom poms
orange and black craft foam (optional for writing squish bag)
snowmen mini erasers
Our Snowman Literacy & Math Centers
(coming soon!) work hand-in-hand with these snowmen fine motor busy bins! You won't be disappointed!