GREAT END OF THE YEAR 3-5 Day Lesson for Sociology Class!
This lesson plan was originally made for 3 days and 80 minute class periods. However, the lesson can be edited to fit any class period/schedule. Can easily be extended into 5 days or shortened into 2 days.
• Room is rated R; therefore permission slips handed in before day 1.
• Students watch until the 1 hour mark.
• Last 20 minutes of class are used for students to fill out Part 1 reflection questions.
• Discussion over Part 1 (answer key is attached along with additional comments to aid discussion).
• Finish Movie.
• Students can work on Part 2 reflection questions.
• Half way through the period—discussion over Part 2 (answer key is attached along with additional comments to aid discussion).
This multi-day lesson plan was originally made as an end of class project. Students were able to see many parallels from what they learned in Sociology with the movie "ROOM." The sociology class this lesson was originally made for was a Junior and Senior class. Through using these discussion questions and connecting past sociology themes to the movie, students were able to critically think about sociology concepts like had not ever done before.