SOMOS 1 Unit 19 Novice Spanish Curriculum Biblioburro
What educators are saying
Students are really engaged in this unit. They really like to story and thus are engaged in the language
My students loved this unit. It was engaging and they learned so much Spanish without even realizing it.
Also included in
- This product contains the following units and supplemental activities from the SOMOS curriculum: Unit 19: BiblioburroUnit 20: LadronesReading: El hábito de San AntonioReading: Las botas picudasUnit 21: Una aventura de campingFilm unit: El monstruo del armarioFilm unit: La receta del amorUnit 22: LosPrice $60.00Original Price $68.00Save $8.00
- The Somos Curriculum is an acclaimed Proficiency-oriented, Comprehension-based Novice Spanish curriculum for Spanish 1 and 2. The Somos Curriculum for Novice Spanish makes teaching for proficiency easy. With step-by-step daily lesson plans, student printables, assessments, slideshows, and detailed lPrice $400.00Original Price $542.00Save $142.00
Luis Soriano invented Biblioburro, a "donkey library" to provide access to books and education to children in rural Colombia. These unit plans provide Spanish teachers with everything needed to teach a nine-day unit (8 days of lessons plus 1 assessment day) about Biblioburro to students in late Spanish 1 and beyond.
- viene a un pueblo
- toda la gente
- pone encima de
- this estar + locational prepositions sentence BINGO game
- instructions for introducing vocabulary
- a TPRS® story script
- authentic song lyrics and activity
- story activities
- a Spanish language reading about Biblioburro
- comprehension questions
- discussion questions for all readings
- two authentic video viewing activities
- multiple communicative activities
- an adapted news article about a related story from 2018
- reading, listening, and writing assessments
- answer keys
- detailed, step-by-step daily lesson plans
- daily warm ups
- a 43 slide presentation provided in PPT and PDF formats
- a complete unit overview with abbreviated daily plans, can-do statements, World Readiness standards, Common Core alignment, AP themes, Essential questions, and Proficiency Orientation
All slideshow presentations are editable and compatible with Google Slides.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
This unit can be taught as a stand-alone unit, separate from the SOMOS Curriculum.
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.