Also included in
- This is the partner bundle to our Digital Spanish Bundle 1. If you have not yet purchased the Digital Bundle 1, we recommend that you do NOT purchase the mixed digital bundle (Digital Bundle 1 and Digital Bundle 2), and instead purchase this pair of digital resources:Somos 1 Flex Curriculum (Novice)$325.00$340.00Save $15.00
- The Somos 2 Flex Curriculum is the Digital/Hybrid equivalent of the original Somos Level 2 Curriculum. The units are designed to support Spanish learners as they break into the Intermediate range of linguistic proficiency.Click here to view the Flex Curriculum Map and Pacing GuidesABOUT FLEX UNITSEa$150.00$185.00Save $35.00
- Each set of SOMOS Flex Plans includes lesson plans and materials for 7 days of instruction plus supplemental/enrichment materials. Lesson plans and materials are provided for FOUR (4) synchronized learning strands in order to streamline planning:TRADITIONAL: for daily classroom instructionHYBRID: fo$95.00$105.00Save $10.00
El que se enoja, pierde is a story that is well-suited for use in Level 2 Spanish classes due to its repetitive, past tense plot. The story is divided into three sections, and students will read and listen to each section of the story multiple times as they move through this unit completing different text-based tasks. This product is the Flex companion to SOMOS 2 Unit 11.
About the lesson plans:
This set of SOMOS Flex Plans includes lesson plans and materials for 6 days of instruction plus a simple writing assessment. Lesson plans and materials are provided with instructions for FOUR (4) kinds of learners for every day in order to streamline planning:
- IN CLASSROOM STUDENTS: for daily classroom instruction
- LIVESTREAM AND SYNCHRONOUS STUDENTS: for students that are attending class from home, either streaming in to classroom instruction or attending classes that are led by the teacher on virtual platforms such as Zoom.
- ASYNCHRONOUS: for students that are working independently on virtual assignments from home.
- PRINT ONLY: for students learning remotely without Internet access
All learning strands are fully synchronized so that all students in the course will be working through the same material, at the same pace, regardless of the instructional strand that they have chosen.
NOTE: This product was originally published as a set of fully asynchronous resources in the Spring of 2020. Those resources are still accessible via a link at the top of the Unit Overview page in the Unit Plans document.
SOMOS ORIGINAL OR SOMOS FLEX?
The SOMOS Flex plans offer a simplified version of the lessons from the original SOMOS Curriculum. Because many teachers are now juggling multiple strands of learners, including learners in virtual spaces, it is valuable to keep the content more consistent and predictable for both the teacher and the student. The original SOMOS plans include a much wider variety of activities and go more in-depth with cultural exploration. Somos Flex is formulaic and streamlined, so that neither you nor your learners are trying to figure out how to do new activities and use new tools in each unit. While this is ideal for hybrid instructional models especially, the Original Somos curriculum offers a much richer, more personalized language learning experience.
Teachers that already own the SOMOS Curriculum can use these materials to meet the needs of learners in less traditional instructional settings (hybrid, fully asynchronous, etc.) and to differentiate to better meet the needs of all of their learners, regardless of instructional setting. The Flex materials provide opportunities to extend content from the original curriculum, alternatives to replace activities or stories that don't fit the needs of your program and your personality, and material for make-up work and sub plans.
Teachers that do not already own the original Somos Curriculum may choose to purchase only the Flex plans if they have online or virtual learners. The Flex plans are not dependent on the original plans in any way. Purchasing both the original SOMOS materials and the Flex plans will allow teachers to access the full depth of the curriculum and maximum differentiation.