Also included in
- Each set of SOMOS Flex Plans includes lesson plans and materials for 6 days of instruction plus supplemental/enrichment materials. Lesson plans and materials are provided for FOUR (4) synchronized learning strands in order to streamline planning:TRADITIONAL: for daily classroom instructionHYBRID: fo$60.00$75.00Save $15.00
- Note to potential buyers: Instead of purchasing this bundle, please consider purchasing one or both of the following complete curriculum bundles, now that they have been published in their entirety:Somos 1 Flex Curriculum for Novice Spanish (complete curriculum bundle)Somos 2 Flex Curriculum for Int$325.00$331.00Save $6.00
- The Somos 1 Flex Curriculum is the Digital/Hybrid equivalent of the original Somos Level 1 Curriculum. The 27 units are designed to support Spanish learners in their journey through the Novice levels of linguistic proficiency.ABOUT FLEX UNITSEach Flex unit includes lesson plans and materials for app$350.00$415.00Save $65.00
Start off the school year right in Spanish class, no matter how you are delivering instruction! This set of SOMOS Flex plans features the FIRST unit that you will teach in Spanish 1, Level 1. This is the Flex Learning equivalent of the original SOMOS 1 Unit 1.
About the lesson plans:
This set of SOMOS Flex Plans includes lesson plans and materials for 7 days of instruction. Lesson plans and materials are provided with instructions for FOUR (4) kinds of learners for every day in order to streamline planning:
- IN CLASSROOM STUDENTS: for daily classroom instruction
- LIVESTREAM AND SYNCHRONOUS STUDENTS: for students that are attending class from home, either streaming in to classroom instruction or attending classes that are led by the teacher on virtual platforms such as Zoom.
- ASYNCHRONOUS: for students that are working independently on virtual assignments from home.
- PRINT ONLY: for students learning remotely without Internet access
All learning strands are fully synchronized so that all students in the course will be working through the same material, at the same pace, regardless of the instructional strand that they have chosen.
This unit includes over 130 pages/slides of resources. Here are just a few:
- Detailed daily lesson plans for four strands of instruction
- 10 warm-up activities, each provided as Interactive or Projectable slides AND Forms.
- 1 StoryBuilder® presentation (in which students create their own story while they read)
- 4 stories that are understandable for students in week 1 of Spanish
- Digital worksheets that students can be assigned through your Learning Management System and completed in Slides
- A printable packet of 7 days of stories and activities for students that do not have Internet access; can also be used for differentiation
SOMOS ORIGINAL OR SOMOS FLEX?
The SOMOS Flex plans offer a simplified version of the lessons from the original SOMOS Curriculum. Because many teachers are now juggling multiple strands of learners, including learners in virtual spaces, it is valuable to keep the content more consistent and predictable for both the teacher and the student. The original SOMOS plans include a much wider variety of activities and go more in-depth with cultural exploration. Somos Flex is formulaic and streamlined, so that neither you nor your learners are trying to figure out how to do new activities and use new tools in each unit. While this is ideal for hybrid instructional models especially, the Original Somos curriculum offers a much richer, more personalized language learning experience.
Teachers that already own the SOMOS Curriculum can use these materials to meet the needs of learners in less traditional instructional settings (hybrid, fully asynchronous, etc.) and to differentiate to better meet the needs of all of their learners, regardless of instructional setting. The Flex materials provide opportunities to extend content from the original curriculum, alternatives to replace activities or stories that don't fit the needs of your program and your personality, and material for make-up work and sub plans.
Teachers that do not already own the original Somos Curriculum may choose to purchase only the Flex plans if they have online or virtual learners. The Flex plans are not dependent on the original plans in any way. Purchasing both the original SOMOS materials and the Flex plans will allow teachers to access the full depth of the curriculum and maximum differentiation.