- SOMOS is a Proficiency-oriented, Comprehension-based curriculum. The Level 1 curriculum will fill 2 years of daily Spanish classes (50 minute periods) if you teach all lessons. It includes daily lesson plans, student printables, assessments, slideshows, and more! Many units now include interactive d$400.00$450.00Save $50.00
- This bundle contains Units 10-13 of the SOMOS curriculum from The Comprehensible Classroom and several supplemental readings and activities. In each unit, your students will learn a set of vocabulary and then use it to explore a cultural concept. In these units, they will learn about topics as diver$70.00
This 8-day lesson plan for Spanish 1 works with food and emotions vocabulary and introduces students to the novel/film Como agua para chocolate by Mexican author Laura Esquivel. These materials provide a short introduction to the film/novel, and students are not required or encouraged to watch it in its entirety (the film is rated R).
- está triste y llora
- el lobo tiene hambre
- personalized questions to introduce vocab
- story script
- story activities
- song lyrics
- reading about Celia Cruz
- slideshow about laughing and crying
- a joke to kick off the unit
- listening and reading assessments
- a reading about Como agua para chocolate using the vocab
- instructions for using a clip from the movie Como agua para chocolate
- a video activity for a five minute Spanish cartoon
- a speaking assessment
- a PPT for the unit that includes daily warm-ups
- answer keys for all activities
- a complete unit overview with abbreviated daily plans, can-do statements, World Readiness standards, Common Core alignment, AP themes, Essential questions, and Proficiency Orientation
All slideshow presentations are editable and compatible with Google Slides.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
This is Unit 10 of the SOMOS curriculum for Spanish 1. SOMOS Level 1 units may be purchased individually or in bundles. View a complete curriculum map with links to purchasing options here.