Did you know that in Bolivia, children can live in prisons with their parents??
In this 7-day unit for Spanish 1, students will learn the structures "no debes (hacer)", "el niño escucha", and "lo que hace" and then use their newly acquired vocabulary to learn about this controversial law in Bolivia. These lesson plans include
- A story script, personalized questions, practice sentences, etc. to introduce the vocabulary
- A song with lyrics activity, reading, and discussion questions
- Activities to review and discuss the story
- A reading activity to reinforce vocabulary
- A cultural reading assessment about the Niños prisioneros de Bolivia
- A video viewing guide
- A comprehensible article from 2018 + activities about the Palmasola prison riots
- A writing assessment with rubrics embedded
- Answer keys
- Detailed daily lesson plans for 7 days' worth of lessons
- A slideshow with daily warm-ups and projectable versions of all readings
This is Unit 14 of the SOMOS curriculum for Spanish 1. SOMOS Level 1 units may be purchased individually or in bundles. View a complete curriculum map with links to purchasing options here.