Also included in
- This product contains the following units and supplemental activities from the SOMOS curriculum: Unit 6 - SiéntateReading: La criatura Unit 7: Los Castells de TarragonaUnit 8: La comida latinaSong activity: Te Amo by NotaMi Bolivia / Possessive adjectivesUnit 9: El cucuyCultural Activities: El Silbó$65.00$69.00Save $4.00
- SOMOS is a Proficiency-oriented, Comprehension-based curriculum. The Level 1 curriculum will fill 2 years of daily Spanish classes (50 minute periods) if you teach all lessons. It includes daily lesson plans, student printables, assessments, slideshows, and more! Many units now include interactive d$400.00$485.00Save $85.00
In the US, children fear the Boogeyman. In Spanish speaking countries, they fear El Cucuy.
These unit plans include everything that you need to teach an 8-day unit that uses the structures "mira", "tiene miedo de", and "hacia" to teach students about the legend of El Cucuy (El Coco). It includes...
- instructions for introducing vocabulary
- discussion questions to personalize the structures
- a story script
- two song activities
- two readings
- two writing assessment options
- two video-based activities
- a communicative activity
- a reading and discussion questions in Spanish about El Cucuy
- a slideshow including daily warm-ups
- detailed lesson plans for eight days
- a complete unit overview with abbreviated daily plans, can-do statements, World Readiness standards, Common Core alignment, AP themes, Essential questions, and Proficiency Orientation
All slideshow presentations are editable and compatible with Google Slides.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Before moving on to SOMOS Unit 10: Como agua para chocolate, consider teaching a mini-unit about El Silbón of Venezuela to continue with the scary legends theme: