Products in this Bundle (22)
showing 1-5 of 22 products
SOMOS Level 2 is a Proficiency-oriented, Comprehension-based curriculum designed to support teachers in the transition away from a traditional grammar-based syllabus to a more communicative approach to language teaching.
Each lessons in this curriculum is designed to create opportunities for communication, largely in the form of exposure to communicatively-embedded input that is comprehensible, through reading (whole-class and individual), storytelling, film, discussion, and music.
Each unit in the curriculum works a specific set of Core Vocabulary words. In the SOMOS 2 Curriculum, the Core Vocabulary words are typically centered on a specific grammar construction (ex: preterite tense -AR regular verbs) to facilitate alignment with other courses being taught in a school.
This curriculum will fill one year when combined with the class reading of a novel. Novels and Teacher Guides are not included in this purchase and should be purchased directly from publisher. For recommendations on which novel to purchase, please visit the SOMOS Curriculum Collaboration group on Facebook.
- Editable Syllabus (Please note: It is an editable syllabus! It is intended for you to edit the details to fit the needs of whatever class you are teaching. The sample details in the syllabus are for a Level 1 Spanish course, but even a level 1 teacher would likely make many changes.)
- Unit 1: Foundations (Caesar Sentences)
- Unit 2: La muchacha y la ardilla (-AR verbs, preterite)
- Unit 2 Extension: Ricitos de Oro
- Unit 3: La madre de Jasón (-ER/IR verbs, preterite)
- Song: Todo cambió by Nota
- Unit 4: ¿Soy gringo? (stem change verbs, preterite)
- Unit 5: Ruidos en la noche (I-Y verbs, preterite)
- Unit 6: El secreto (irregular preterite)
- Unit 7: El acosador
- Cultural Connection: José Mujica
- Unit 8: El hombre feliz
- Unit 9: La chancla
- Unit 10: El chico ideal
- Creative writing activity: El zoológico loco
- Reading activities: Criaturas locas
- Unit 11: El que se enoja, pierde
- Unit 12: El lago encantado
- Unit 13: CSI: Estar + Participle
- Unit 14: El pretérito perfecto
- Midterm: Alma
- Final: El espantapájaros
Please note: some resources listed in the map are that are not included in this bundle--most notably, the Grammar in Context lessons are a separate purchase.