This popular six-day lesson plan is designed to effectively introduce -AR preterite verb conjugation patterns to your students in context. The specific target structures for the story are 'vio que había', 'se acercó a', and 'se lo llevó'.
The plans include
- a story script with almost entirely -AR preterite verbs
- follow-up activities for the story
- suggestions for exposing the grammatical patterns to your students in both traditional and CI-friendly ways
- a MovieTalk activity and reading that uses the same target structures as the story (in addition to other -AR preterite verb forms) to give additional repetitions of the -AR preterite patterns
- a group activity to review the short film
- a listening assessment
- a communicative activity
- detailed lesson plans
- answer keys
- a slideshow including daily warm-ups for the unit
- a complete unit overview with abbreviated daily plans, can-do statements, World Readiness standards, Common Core alignment, AP themes, Essential questions, and Proficiency Orientation
This lesson plan bundle does not include assessments.
Further reinforce the structures from this unit with this reading of 'Ricitos de Oro'
» » » » » » » » » » » » » »
This is Unit 2 of the SOMOS Curriculum for Spanish 2.
» Purchase the Units 1-5 bundle here.
» Purchase the complete curriculum here.
» View the Level 2 curriculum map here.