This 5 day Spanish storytelling unit targets the three irregular imperfect verbs (ser, ir, ver). Instead of presenting these verbs to students through verb charts and expository notes, students are exposed to the structures through concentrated, comprehensible input.
The lesson plans include:
- instructions for introducing the target structures
- a TPRS® story script
- follow-up activities for the story
- 2 stories written in Spanish (illustrated slideshow and printable versions provided)
- a slideshow including daily warm-ups
- detailed lesson plans
- answer keys
- 5 activities that can be used as stations or as traditional activities. Each one is included in worksheet format and station-friendly format.
The five stations activities are:
- a matching activity that compares preterite and imperfect translations of the target verbs
- a CLOZE passage
- a sentence sorting activity that compares present, preterite, and imperfect tenses
- a writing activity
- a compare/contrast activity
All files are stored in Google Drive and linked in the PDF download for this product.
If you wish to give grammar notes about imperfect irregular verb forms, please consider doing it after teaching this unit.
» » » » » » » » » » » » » »
This is Unit 7 of the SOMOS Curriculum for Spanish 2.
» Purchase the Units 1-5 bundle here.
» Purchase the complete curriculum here.
» View the Level 2 curriculum map here.