Students' adrenaline is pumping as they energetically solve long multiplication problems (WITH DECIMALS) in this super fun race! They attempt to be the first person to move from Station #1 through Station #5 without making any errors. An incorrect answer means they have to go all the way back to the beginning.... SORRY!
About the Multiplication Stations
- Station #1: two digit x one digit decimals
- Station #2: three digit x one digit decimals
- Station #3: four digit x one digit decimals
- Station #4: two digit x two digit decimals (individual digits are 1 through 7)
- Station #5: two digit x two digit decimals (individual digits are 3 through 9)
- Station #6: three digit x two digit decimals
- Station #7: three digit x three digit decimals
Additional Information and Helpful Hints
- If limited on time, eliminate one or more of the stations.
- Have all 7 stations available, assigning a starting point for each student. Sally might complete stations #1-5 where John might complete stations #3-7.
- These stations can be used as a math center throughout the year. The problem sets are differentiated and can be easily assigned (by color) to certain students.
- Print the student worksheet front to back OR simply use a piece of notebook paper. If using notebook paper, have the students divide their paper into five sections labeled stations #1-5.
- Check out "SORRY! Subtraction with Borrowing"…. Same student worksheet, differentiated subtraction problems appropriate for 3rd – 6th grade.
- Check out "SORRY! Multiplication with Whole Numbers".... same student worksheet, differentiated multiplication problems appropriate for 5th – 6th grade.
Have fun multiplying!