Students' adrenaline is pumping as they energetically solve subtraction problems in this super fun race! They attempt to be the first person to move from Station #1 through Station #5 without making any errors. An incorrect answer means they have to go all the way back to the beginning.... SORRY!
- Station #1 and 2 contain problems in which students borrow one time.
- Station #3 and 4 require students to borrow twice.
- Station #5 requires students to borrow three times.
Additional Information and Helpful Hints
- If limited on time, eliminate one of the stations.
- This activity can also be done untimed, as a review activity or independent practice.
- These stations can be used as a math center throughout the year. The problem sets are differentiated and can be easily assigned (by color) to certain students.
- Print the included student worksheet front to back OR simply use a piece of notebook paper. If using notebook paper, have the students divide their paper into five sections labeled stations #1-5.
- Check out "SORRY! Multiplication".... same student worksheet, differentiated multiplication problems appropriate for 4th – 6th grade.