SORT Climate Zones - Weather & Climate - 3rd Grade NGSS Earth Science Station
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Looking for an engaging and hands-on way to teach the NGSS science standards to your third grade students? Look no further than this huge bundle of science activities, stations, experiments, and more! This year-long bundle of 72 Third Grade Science Stations covers all NGSS topics and features eighPrice $111.84Original Price $219.85Save $108.01
- Help your students understand the science behind weather and climate patterns with this exciting Weather & Climate Science Stations Bundle for Third Grade! Aligned with NGSS standards, this comprehensive bundle includes 8 different science stations covering key concepts like weather, climate, sePrice $13.78Original Price $23.75Save $9.97
- Here are 9 Different Sorting Activities for Third Grade Science that follow the NGSS. Each sort includes a reading passage about the science concept, a sort for small groups that includes heading cards and sort cards, a cut and paste worksheet, and differentiated comprehension questions. Digital fiPrice $17.50Original Price $27.85Save $10.35
- This is a BUNDLE of all the 5E Unit Plans AND Science Stations for Third Grade. There are 72 Third Grade Science Stations in 9 Sets and 15 5E Model Instructional Units. See this blog post to find out more information about the 5E Instructional Model. See this blog post to find out more about thePrice $193.00Original Price $370.35Save $177.35
- This is a BUNDLE of all the Earth Science 5E Unit Plans AND the Earth Science Science Stations. There are 3 5E Unit Plans and one set of Science Stations that cover all of the NGSS Third Grade Science Standards for Earth Science. Topics include weather, climate, and extreme weather.This BUNDLE incPrice $33.98Original Price $53.45Save $19.47
- This is a BUNDLE of the Watch a Video, Play a Video Game, and Sort science stations for third grade. All of the stations are aligned with the NGSS 3rd grade science standards. The Google™️ resources are included with the PDF resources. You get BOTH the following PDF printable resource and the Google™️Price $39.58Original Price $77.35Save $37.77
In this SORT science station, students learn about the world's climate zones. Students sort countries into the climate zones either via a traditional sort or by coloring a map. Included is an article about climate zones. Students then answer questions about climate zones and the sort within their science journal or on the provided worksheets.
This SORT station is also available in a larger bundle of 8 Weather & Climate Science Stations
Included in this resource:
- Links to Google™️ Resources noted below
- Student Text in two formats
- Sorting Activity with color cards
- Sorting Activity in a black and white worksheet
- Differentiated Questions (short answer, fill-in-the-blank with and without a word bank, task cards, multiple-choice questions)
- Answer Key
Google Classroom™️ Components Include:
► Google Form™️ with Reading Text & Differentiated Questions
► Google Slides™️ with Sort Activity
Each station includes four different ways to respond to the experience at the station: short answer questions, fill-in the blank questions, task cards with short answers, task cards with multiple choice. All the variations are similar to one another. Choose the format that best fits your classroom and students. Students are encouraged to use their science journal, but worksheets are included as well.
Information about the full bundle:
Weather & Climate Science Stations for Third Grade Next Generation Science Standards include 8 different science stations where students can deepen their understanding of how animals interact with each other. The focus is on NGSS 3-ESS2.D & 3-ESS3.B and include concepts such as weather, climate, severe weather, how clouds are formed, meteorology and weather maps, types of precipitation, meteorological tools, and climate zones.
The Weather & Climate Science Stations Include:
► Vocabulary Cards in two formats with and without pictures.
► Watch a Video about Severe Weather - Students watch a video about the weather and climate or severe weather and answer questions. Allow students to choose the video or have them do both.
► Play a Game - Students interact with a video game about seasons or the water cycle. Students then answer questions about the games.
► Investigate Clouds - Students conduct an investigation on clouds and answer questions.
► Diagram Weather Maps - Students diagram meteorology and weather maps and answer questions about the diagram.
► Read a Passage about Severe Weather - Students read a passage about extreme weather events and answer questions.
► Model Types of Precipitation - Students make a model of types of precipitation and answer questions.
► Explore Meteorology Tools - Students explore tools meteorologists use to forecast weather and build a wind gauge.
► Sort Climate Zones - Students sort countries into climate zones and answer questions about the sort.
***Purchase all Third Grade Science Stations together in one large BUNDLE***
Some stations include two or more activity choices and extension activities.
Each station is designed to last about 15-20 minutes. Students may do one a day for 8 days, 2 a day for two days, or any format that works for your classroom.
See the preview for additional information and details.
CLICK HERE TO ON TPT | CLICK HERE TO
Copyright © What I Have Learned, Jessica Boschen
Permission to copy for single classroom or homeschool family use only.
This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.