Also included in
- This complete set of second grade science stations will engage your students with hands-on science experiments and activities that meet the Next Generation Science Standards. This BUNDLE of 64 in-depth Second Grade Science Stations is designed for the elementary science classroom and is also great$109.44$198.36Save $88.92
- In these NGSS 2-LS4-1 science activities for Animal Habitats students learn how plants and animals make their homes in a variety of habitats across the globe. Included are science activities, worksheets, reading passages, and more. Students learn about the diversity of life on Earth and how specific$13.78$23.50Save $9.72
- A BUNDLE of 16 Second Grade Science Stations that cover the Life Science Next Generation Science Standards for second grade. Engage your students with hands-on science activities that meet the standards.Google Slides and Google Forms added August 2020Google Classroom™️ Components Include:► Google Fo$24.80$49.59Save $24.79
- 8 Different Sorting Science Stations focused on Second Grade Next Generation Science Standards. Each sort includes a reading passage to build background knowledge, a sort for small groups that includes heading cards and sort cards, a cut and paste worksheet, and differentiated student responses. G$16.80$24.00Save $7.20
- This is a BUNDLE of the Watch a Video, Play a Video Game, and Sort science stations for second grade. All of the stations are aligned with the NGSS 2nd grade science standards. The Google™️ resources are included with the PDF resources. You get BOTH the following PDF printable resource and the Google$42.56$68.09Save $25.53
In this SORT science station, students sort plants and animals into two groups: those that live on land or live in water. Students then answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned. The Sort Science station is part of the Habitats - Biodiversity and Humans Second Grade Science Stations.
This SORT station is also available in a larger bundle of 8 Habitats - Biodiversity and Humans Second Grade Science Stations.
Google Classroom™️ Components Include:
► Google Form™️ with Reading Text & Differentiated Questions
► Google Slides™️ with Sort Activity
Included in this resource:
- Links to Google™️ Resources noted above
- Student Text in four formats
- MP3 Audio of the Text Read Aloud
- Sorting Activity with color cards
- Sorting Activity in a black and white worksheet
- Differentiated Questions (short answer, fill-in-the-blank with and without a word bank, task cards, multiple-choice questions)
- Answer Key
► Big Idea Posters that explain the core ideas of the stations (BUNDLE ONLY)
► Vocabulary Cards in two formats with and without pictures (BUNDLE ONLY)
► Watch a Video - Students watch a video in order to learn about ANIMAL HOMES or KELP FORESTS. They answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned.
► Play a Game - Students play a video game, a board game, a crossword puzzle, or word search and learn about habitats. Students answer questions to reinforce new learning.
► Investigate the Arctic Habitat - Students read about the ARCTIC habitat. They look at pictures of Arctic plants and animals in order to investigate this habitat.
They answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned.
► Diagram the Temperate Forest Habitat - Students read about the TEMPERATE FOREST habitat. They create a diagram of the habitat and answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned.
► Read About the Intertidal Habitat - Students read about the habitats of the INTERTIDAL ZONE. They answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned.
► Model a Pond Habitat - Students read about a pond habitat and construct a model of a POND food web. They answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned.
► Explore the Desert Habitat - Students read about the DESERT habitat and explore what they’ve learned with an activity. They answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned.
► Sort Land and Water Habitats - Students read about LAND HABITATS and WATER HABITATS. They sort organisms into the two categories of habitats. They then answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned.
Each station includes four different ways to respond to the experience at the station: short answer questions, fill-in-the-blank questions, task cards with short answers, task cards with multiple choice. All the variations are similar to one another. Choose the format that best fits your classroom and students. Students are encouraged to use their science journal, but worksheets are included as well.
Each station is designed to last about 15-20 minutes. Students may do one a day for 8 days, 2 a day for four days, or any format that works for your classroom. Because there are additional activities for the Watch and Play stations, you can offer those as a choice within that station or offer them as an early finisher station, as well.
In Second Grade, students are expected to demonstrate understanding in the following area:
• 2-LS4-1. Make observations of plants and animals to compare the diversity of life in different habitats.
This correlates with the DCI 2-LS4.D, which states:
• There are many different kinds of living things in any area, and they exist in different places on land and in water. (2-LS4-1)
The Investigate, Diagram, and Explore stations correlate with the Engineering Design DCI ETS1.A, which states:
• Asking questions, making observations, and gathering information are helpful in thinking about problems. (K-2-ETS1-1)
The Investigate, Diagram, Model, and Explore stations meet the Science and Engineering Practices:
• Planning and Carrying Out Investigations: Make observations (firsthand or from media) to collect data which can be used to make comparisons. (2-LS4-1)
See the preview for additional information and details.
Connect with What I Have Learned
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
Follow me at my BLOG
Sign up for a FREE RESOURCE
Copyright © Jessica Boschen. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.