Also included in
- A BUNDLE of 88 Fourth Grade Science Stations that cover all Next Generation Science Standards for fourth grade.Physical Science✔ Energy, Energy, Everywhere - 4.PS3.A-D & ETS1.A✔ Making Waves - Wave Properties - 4-PS4.A✔ Light It Up - Images & Vision - Properties of Light - NGSS 4-PS4.B✔ Talk$159.00$290.07Save $131.07
- These Natural Hazards Fourth Grade Next Generation Science Standards include 8 different science stations where students deepen their understanding of natural forces behind natural disasters that influence communities and individuals . The focus is on 4-ESS3.B. Natural disasters include earthquake$14.78$23.50Save $8.72
- A BUNDLE of 5 Science Station Sets that cover all Next Generation Science Standards for fourth grade Earth Science. Concepts include: the history of the Earth, natural hazards, natural resources, plate tectonics, and weathering & erosion.Google Slides and Google Forms added July 2020Google Class$81.28$132.62Save $51.34
- 11 Different Sorting Science Stations focused on Fourth Grade Next Generation Science Standards. Each sort includes a reading passage to build background knowledge, a sort for small groups that includes heading cards and sort cards, a cut and paste worksheet, and differentiated student responses.$22.79$33.00Save $10.21
- This is a BUNDLE of the Watch a Video, Play a Video Game, and Sort science stations for fourth grade. All of the stations are aligned with the NGSS 4th grade science standards. The Google Classroom ™️ resources are included with the PDF resources. You get BOTH the following PDF printable resource a$48.16$92.11Save $43.95
In this SORT science station, students sort solutions for natural disasters. Students determine if the solution is a long-term or short-term solution. Included are a reading passage, a hands-on activity, and differentiated questions. Students then answer questions about the sort within their science journals or on the included worksheets.
This SORT station is also available in a larger bundle of 8 stations at a discount.
Included in this resource:
- Links to Google™️ Resources noted above
- Student Text in two formats
- Sorting Activity with color cards
- Sorting Activity in a black and white worksheet
- Differentiated Questions (short answer, fill-in-the-blank with and without a word bank, task cards, multiple-choice questions)
- Answer Key
Google Classroom™️ Components Include:
► Google Form™️ with Reading Text & Differentiated Questions
► Google Slides™️ with Sort Activity
Each station includes four different ways to respond to the experience at the station: short answer questions, fill-in-the-blank questions, task cards with short answers, task cards with multiple choice. All the variations are similar to one another. Choose the format that best fits your classroom and students. Students are encouraged to use their science journals, but worksheets are included as well.
Information about the full bundle:
These Natural Hazards Science Stations for Fourth Grade Next Generation Science Standards include 8 different science stations where students deepen their understanding of natural forces behind natural disasters that influence communities and individuals. The focus is on 4-ESS3.B. Natural disasters include earthquakes, ocean waves and currents, volcanoes, plate tectonics, tsunamis, winter storms, thunderstorms, hurricanes, tornadoes, and flooding.
► Vocabulary Cards in two formats with and without pictures.
► Big Idea Posters that explain the key concepts.
► Watch Video - Students watch one of two videos and then answer questions about the videos. Videos include: earthquakes or waves and currents.
► Play a Game - Students play a video game and learn about volcanoes or a game to learn bout the tectonic events that occur at plate boundaries. Students answer questions to reinforce the new learning.
► Investigate Earthquakes - Students read about earthquakes. They participate in a design challenge to build earthquake-safe buildings. Students then answer questions to reinforce the concepts learned.
► Diagram Extreme Waves and Tsunamis - Students read about tsunamis. They create a diagram and answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned.
► Read about Snow Storms and Severe Weather - Students read about winter storms. They answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned.
► Model Convection Currents and Thunderstorms - Students read about thunderstorms, hurricanes, and tornadoes. They will model convection currents, which are the source of storms. They answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned.
► Explore Flood Waters and Severe Weather - Students read about flooding rivers and explore flood mitigation techniques. They then answer questions about the exploration.
► Sort Solutions for Natural Disasters - Students read about natural disasters and solutions for living in areas with natural disasters. They sort examples into two categories. Students then answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned.
This station set integrates with 4-ESS2.A (Weathering and Erosion) and 4-ESS2.B (Plate Tectonics). Both ESS2 station sets introduce the natural forces behind the natural hazards that affect communities and individuals. This station set (4-ESS3.B) is an extension of the stations in those two sets.
In Fourth Grade, students are expected to “generate and compare multiple solutions to reduce the impacts of natural Earth processes on humans.” (4-ESS3-2). This correlates with the DCI 4-ESS3.B, which states, “A variety of hazards result from natural processes (e.g., earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions). Humans cannot eliminate the hazards but can take steps to reduce their impacts.”
All stations in this set meet the DCI, helping students gain an understanding of how disaster situations happen in nature, as well as how communities and individuals can mitigate the effects of natural hazards. The Investigate station goes into more detail and helps students generate and compare multiple building designs, as outlined in the Performance Expectation. The Explore station likewise helps students generate and compare multiple flood mitigation designs.
This DCI is the same as 3-ESS3.B. We have a set of stations for this DCI in the Third Grade Stations. The stations in the third-grade station set have a reduced reading level and lower performance expectations.
Some stations include two or more activity choices and extension activities.
Each station is designed to last about 15-20 minutes. Students may do one a day for 8 days, 2 a day for four days, or any format that works for your classroom. Because there are additional activities for the Watch and Play stations, you can offer those as a choice within that station or offer them as an early finisher station, as well.
See the preview for additional information and details.
Additional Science Stations are also available.
Connect with What I Have Learned
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
Follow me at my BLOG
Sign up for a FREE RESOURCE
Copyright © Jessica Boschen. All the rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.