Also included in
- Information Processing: Making Sense of the World Science Stations for Fourth Grade Next Generation Science Standards include 8 different science stations where students deepen their understanding of sensory systems, including anatomy (structures and parts) and physiology (how the parts function).$14.78$23.75Save $8.97
- Life Science Stations for Fourth Grade is a BUNDLE of the following stations:See each individual set of stations for a preview:✔ Structure & Function: How Organisms Live, Behave, Reproduce, Grow✔ Information Processing: Making Sense of the WorldGoogle Slides and Google Forms added July 2020Googl$25.00$50.00Save $25.00
- A BUNDLE of 88 Fourth Grade Science Stations that cover all Next Generation Science Standards for fourth grade.Physical Science✔ Energy, Energy, Everywhere - 4.PS3.A-D & ETS1.A✔ Making Waves - Wave Properties - 4-PS4.A✔ Light It Up - Images & Vision - Properties of Light - NGSS 4-PS4.B✔ Talk$159.00$290.07Save $131.07
- 11 Different Sorting Science Stations focused on Fourth Grade Next Generation Science Standards. Each sort includes a reading passage to build background knowledge, a sort for small groups that includes heading cards and sort cards, a cut and paste worksheet, and differentiated student responses.$22.79$33.00Save $10.21
- This is a BUNDLE of the Watch a Video, Play a Video Game, and Sort science stations for fourth grade. All of the stations are aligned with the NGSS 4th grade science standards. The Google Classroom ™️ resources are included with the PDF resources. You get BOTH the following PDF printable resource a$48.16$92.11Save $43.95
In this SORT science station, students read about the sense of touch then sort pictures of different objects into categories according to the type of touch they have. They then answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned.
This SORT station is also available in a larger bundle of 8 stations at a discount.
Google Classroom™️ Components Include:
► Google Form™️ with Reading Text & Differentiated Questions
► Google Slides™️ with Sort Activity
Included in this resource:
- Links to Google™️ Resources noted above
- Student Text in two formats
- Sorting Activity with color cards
- Sorting Activity in a black and white worksheet
- Differentiated Questions (short answer, fill-in-the-blank with and without a word bank, task cards, multiple-choice questions)
- Answer Key
Each station includes four different ways to respond to the experience at the station: short answer questions, fill-in-the-blank questions, task cards with short answers, task cards with multiple choice. All the variations are similar to one another. Choose the format that best fits your classroom and students. Students are encouraged to use their science journals, but worksheets are included as well.
Information about the full bundle:
Information Processing: Making Sense of the World Science Stations for Fourth Grade Next Generation Science Standards include 8 different science stations where students deepen their understanding of sensory systems, including anatomy (structures and parts) and physiology (how the parts function).
The focus is on 4-LS1.D and includes concepts such as the sense of sight, sense of taste, sense of hearing, sense of touch, structure and function of the human eye, ear, tongue, and skin, as well as the extraordinary sensory systems in animals, including echolocation.
By working through this set of stations, students will gain a robust understanding of the properties of structure and function. The Engineering Standards for fourth grade are also incorporated into this set of stations. See the preview for more details on how the four physical science Disciplinary Core Ideas (DCIs) are combined and how the engineering standards are incorporated.
► Vocabulary Cards in two formats with and without pictures.
► Watch a Video About Seeing and Tasting - Students watch one of two videos and then answer questions about the videos. Videos include: sense of sight and sense of taste.
► Play a Game About Hearing and the Brain - Students play a video game and learn about the sense of hearing and the brain. Students answer questions related to the video game.
► Investigate the Structure of the Ear - Students read about the sense of hearing and conduct an investigation using tuning forks. Students then answer questions to reinforce the concepts learned.
►Diagram the Structure of the Eye - Students read about the structures and functions of the human eye. They created a diagram of what happens in the eye at different levels of light. Students then answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned.
►Read about Animals with Extraordinary Senses - Students read about extraordinary sensory systems in animals. They answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned.
► Model Echolocation with Dolphins - Students read about echolocation in dolphins and draw a model of how it works. They answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned.
► Explore the Function of the Tongue - Students read about the sense of taste and conduct a taste test. Students answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned.
► Sort Types of Touch - Students read about the sense of touch and then sort pictures of different objects into categories according to the type of touch: mechanical, pain, and temperature. Students then answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned.
Some stations include two or more activity choices and extension activities.
Each station is designed to last about 15-20 minutes. Students may do one a day for 8 days, 2 a day for four days, or any format that works for your classroom. Because there are additional activities for the Watch and Play stations, you can offer those as a choice within that station or offer them as an early finisher station, as well.
See the preview for additional information and details.
Additional Science Stations are also available.
Connect with What I Have Learned
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
Follow me at my BLOG
Sign up for a FREE RESOURCE
Copyright © Jessica Boschen. All rights reserved by the author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.