Sound and Light Units: **Updated 9.30.14. If purchased, see revision in description. Thanks :). **
I'm so excited to have these Sound and Light Units finally done to share with you!
Every school year I teach my sound unit and light unit to seven different classes. Over the years I try to improve what I teach in the way of better activities and/or how I sequence the content that needs to be taught. I teach second and aim this towards a 2nd grade level, but can be used in 1st or 3rd grades, if sound and light is in your curriculum.
These are TWO COMPLETE units. This is what you get with BOTH:
1) Unit Outline (SEE preview!)
2) A Key Learning poster, Unit Essential Question poster, and all of the Essential Question Posters. (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, no worries! My school is a LFS school so those are fancy names for items I must post on my science bulletin board. Even if you don't use the LFS approach, you can still find these all very useful- especially if you like to be organized!)
3) Vocabulary cards for all of the science words in the unit. They are easily seen on the bulletin board by students and come with pictures.
4) Detailed lesson plans! Again, they follow the LFS format, but can be useful for any teacher! (Please read: These lesson plans are a resource that of course you may want to follow to the T or not. Every teacher is different and may have their own special ideas or resources to supplement the plans. These plans however, are not editable, but feel free to print them out and add your own ideas to them!)
5) Informational reads- If science textbooks are not available, I made informational reads for kids on almost everything covered!
6) Worksheets- There are lots of worksheets that check for understanding throughout the lesson as well as graphic organizers that kids can fill in to aid in your teaching.
7) A study guide for the big test!
8) A unit test
9) ANSWER KEYS FOR EVERYTHING!!!
CLICK ON PREVIEW FOR MORE!
Again, I'm so excited to share this with you! I hope you find it useful. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!!
~Catherine @ Abc123is4me
* I sell the Sound Unit separately. If you are interested in just that, please check back in my store for it!