Students will learn about the country of South Africa, study its history, learn basic facts and complete a number of fun educational activities, including a number of writing prompts.
Included in this unit are..
- Internet research worksheet (with answer key)
- Color the South African flag
- Create your own South African flag
- Write 10 sentences using facts you learned about South Africa
- Writing Prompt: Describe the flag of South Africa
- Organizer: Create a tree map of facts you've learned about South Africa
- Writing Prompt: Write about the country of South Africa
- Writing Prompt: Compare and contrast the US flag with the South African flag
- Biography research page on Nelson Mandela
- Complete a fun word search