I have an MA in Spanish from the University of Wisconsin, Madison, and felt very comfortable writing about literature. In Latin America, where I was born, I had already traveled extensively and since I am a geek, read extensively as well. Nevertheless, when I started writing seriously, I decided I needed to spend time in Spain. My husband and I both took leaves and spent six months in Spain. We rented a house, then drove and visited and talked and ate and generally got the feel of Spain. We had a wonderful experience and I would do it again any time. I knew it was time to leave when my Spanish started to sound like an Iberian instead of a Latin American.
Bundle (17 thematic units) includes: ($20.00 savings)
1. Cervantes and Sor Juana, Picasso, Felipe VI - 3 thematic units - SP Beginners 1- three mini-thematic units.
• Miguel de Cervantes
• Pablo Picasso
• Felipe VI
2. Andalucía! The Alhambra, Sevilla, Córdoba - 3 thematic units - SP Beginners 1- three mini-thematic units
• Ganador(a) del premio "Visita Andalucía
• Granada: la Alhambra
• Una ciudad española: Torremolinos
3. Goya, Gaudí, Rodrigo; 3 interdisciplinary thematic units - SP Beginners 1 - three mini-thematic units
4. España siglo XXI, Adiós peseta, Fútbol, Ordenadores - 3 units - SP Beginners 2 - three mini-thematic units
• Adiós peseta
• La computadora / el ordenador
• El fútbol
5. The Encounter, not the 'Discovery' of the Americas - 3 units - SP Intermediate 1 - three thematic units
• Sevilla ´92 y la importancia del Encuentro
• Barcelona ¿para quién son los Juegos Olímpicos?
• Madrid: 1992
6. Ecotourism Spain: stork migration + Ordesa Park / 2 thematic units - SP Inter.1 - two thematic units
• El Parque Nacional de Ordesa y Monte Perdido
• La cigüeña blanca
Entirely in target language.
Yes, it is possible to do culture with real beginners AND in the target language.
Please visit the individual pages in the Miraflores TpT store for complete Previews. For example, look for Andalucía! The Alhambra, Sevilla, Córdoba. When the page opens, click on Preview.