SPANISH LANGUAGE VERSION
Students are stressed more than ever. Sometimes that stress is manifested in the form of impulsive outbursts, anger, meltdowns, crying, yelling, arguing, or other types of emotional release.
Kids don't always know what to do with all of that strong emotion and teachers and parents can not always drop everything to help. Kids must learn to recognize and regulate their own emotions, particularly strong emotions.
This file contains directions and printables to create a behavior management area "Take A Break" station which encourages children to manage and regulate their own emotions and behavior. It is a great alternative to clip charts and time out chairs!
1. Station Set Up
2. Ideas for Use
3. Take A Break station signs
• landscape and portrait
4. Emotion Charts - 18 emotions
• laminate and post in the station
5. Reflection pages - color and black and white options
• laminate and post in station
6. Reflection page
7. How Are You Feeling?
• blank face printables
8. Calming Cards
• set of self calming cue cards
self calming card printable - color and black and white
9. Emotions Match Up
• match the emotion word to the face that shows the same feeling (18 emotions)