This is a game to help students practice and review countries and capitals for Spanish Speaking countries. It is a quick, fun way for students to study and recall the information without a worksheet. The concept is very simple but the students love it.
- Print cards on 2 different color cardstock (cardstock is sturdier than copy paper.)
Countries - paper color #1
Capitals - paper color #2
- Distribute each stack (both countries and capitals) to each pair of students.
-This may seem like a lot but you can reuse these cards every year if you laminate them.
* I printed 15 of each color for a total of 30 sheets of paper.
How to use the cards:
1. Students will place 1 stack of cards facing upward on their desk. This depends on whether the teacher is practicing countries or capitals.
2. The first student to select the correct answer base on the description provided by the teacher is the winner.
3. The student with the most cards, wins the game.
Ex. Practice of capitals of countries
1. Students place the countries face up on the desk.
2. TEACHER calls out the capital of the country ONLY THE CAPITAL
3. STUDENTS must select correct COUNTRY for the capital said by the teacher.