This Earth Day BINGO is an amazing way to show students some of the Science cognates involved in popular environmental terms. It is also an oral listening exercise where students can reinforce their science terms in a fun cross curricular activity. As students complete their boards and combinations in colors are done, you will be able to have them recognize colors and new vocabulary items all in Spanish.
1. Distribute the Vocabulary worksheet with twelve animals and Word bank to the students. This worksheet includes the determinate articles in Spanish el, la, las, los. You can use this worksheet to teach students about gender and feminine vs. masculine nouns in Spanish.
2. Distribute bingo board to the class. You can use the blank bingo board and have students draw their own illustration. You can also use the one already filled. Ask students to color each figure using one color combination. For example a planeta verde, energía rosada.
3. Play bingo. Read aloud in Spanish different color+item combinations. Students have both the words and colors in the boards to follow along. Ask students to translate so everyone can follow along. First three students to call bingo win a homework pass.
4. Ask students to complete their writing prompt by adding the color next to the blank line. Write Colors in Spanish in the board or use a worksheet. Point out correct gender/noun combinations. This step can be done after completing the bingo board or before playing bingo. Great way to review writing colors in spanish and reinforce the oral listening exercise
5. Use the vocabulary worksheet as an assessment.
You have enough material to work for a 1-2 days. You can use the vocabulary worksheet as a quiz at the end of the unit.
HAPPY EARTH DAY!
Please click on the GREEN star to follow me and be the first to be notified of new sales and lessons.