Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Spanish Stem-Changing Verbs can be difficult to master. Help your students understand how to conjugate and use these verbs with this Stem Changing Verb BUNDLE. It includes a wide variety of engaging, interactive lessons to help students learn to conjugate and use these verbs.
By buying this BUNDLE, you are saving 20% off the total price of the 2 individual packets!
Please see the PREVIEW for a look at everything that is included in this BUNDLE.
1. Introduction to stem-changing verbs.
2. Vocabulary List: Includes 24 common present tense stem-changing verbs.
3. Categorize the Shoe Verbs: Students will categorize all 24 verbs according to their stem change:
Group #1: (e-ie)
Group #2: (e-i)
Group #3: (o-ue) (u-ue)
This includes an extension activity in which students cut out all the verbs and categorize the verbs for more practice.
4. Conjugate the Shoe Verbs: In this exercise the students are given 6 diagrams of 6 different shoes. The students will need to conjugate the verbs indicated using the shoe diagrams. (Includes 2 Practice worksheets: 12 verbs in all.)
5. Fill In the Blanks: Students will conjugate the stem-changing verbs in each sentence.
6. Write the Question: Students will form questions using the stem-changing verbs with the words provided as cues. Then, they will answer the questions.
7. Dialogue: Students will fill in the blanks with the correct stem-changing verbs to complete the dialogue. Then, they will practice the dialogue with a partner.
8. Vocabulary and Grammar Review with Spanish Idiom: In this worksheet students will discover the hidden Spanish idiom by identifying different general vocabulary words from different categories (i.e. body parts, numbers, colors, animals, foods, job titles, family members, and months of the year.) After identifying the words according to their categories, the students will then follow the directions and color them accordingly. If students do not have crayons or colored pencils they can simply cross out the words instead. The blocks that remain will reveal the Spanish idiom “Zapatero a tus zapatos.” In English this means, “Each man after his own trade or stick to what you are good at”. Next, students will discuss the meaning of this idiom with their teacher.
9. The Crazy Shoe Contest: Students will be given an opportunity to be creative. They will choose one shoe verb. They will draw a shoe (any kind of shoe, boot, cowboy boot, rain boot, etc.) Then, they will conjugate the verb they have chosen inside their drawing. You can have a contest in your class to see who created the best shoe verb.
10. ¿Qué quieres hacer? Students will put a check in each box next to the activities they want to do this weekend. Then, they will write a sentence for each one using the grammatical structure “querer + infinitive”. As a follow up activity they will interview their partner about their weekend plans.
Spanish stem-changing verbs will be fun and engaging when you use these interactive activities. This resource is not designed to teach the formation of stem-changing verbs. This resource is created to give students the practice they need in order to master the shoe verbs and to keep them in the target language.
For my resource on teaching stem-changing verbs, follow the link below.
1. Categorizing Shoe Verbs
Students will color the shoe verbs according to the code in the chart. Red (e-ie)/ Blue (e-i)/ Yellow (o-ue) & (u-ue).
2. Partner Dictation:
This is a short dialogue in a shoe department. Student #1 is Elena, the saleswoman. Student #2 is Luisa, the shopper. Students will take turns reading their part of the dialogue. The other student must listen and write what he/ she hears. They will take turns until they have finish dictating the entire dialogue. Then, they should check their dictation by looking at each other’s papers and practice reading the dialogue to each other.
Note for the teacher: When making copies, I usually make Student #1’s worksheet on one color (i.e. yellow) and Student #2’s worksheet on a different color (i.e. blue). This helps so much when passing out the papers.
3. Information Gap Calendar:
This is a partner activity in which students are trying to fill in the activities for the month. Student A and Student B receive a calendar, but their calendars have different information. Students will have to ask and answer questions in Spanish. Questions have been provided for the students in the target language. Students can choose to take turns asking questions or have one person ask all the questions, then the other.
4. Cerditos en un Corral (Dots and Boxes)
In this game students will practice conjugating stem-changing verbs in the present tense. Dots and Boxes is a well-known pencil and paper game for two players. It has gone by many other names, including the game of dots, dots and boxes, dot to dot grid, and pigs in a pen. For my Spanish class, I have changed a few of the rules and I have chosen to name the game “Cerditos en un Corral”. Directions are included.
5. Weekend Activities: ¿Qué quieres hacer?
Students will put a check in each box next to the things they would like to do this weekend. Then, they will write a sentence for each one using the grammatical structure “quiero + infinitive”. (It doesn’t necessarily mean they will be able to do these things, but that they would like to do them.) Finally, they will interview their partner using these same questions.
6. Find Someone Who…
Students will get out of their chairs and walk around during this mingle activity. They will ask each other the questions indicated in each of the boxes on the worksheet. For example:
Student A: ¿Piensas limpiar la casa este fin de semana?
Student B: Sí, pienso limpiar la casa OR Student B: No, no pienso limpiar casa.
When a student finds someone who has that specific item, they will write that person’s name in the box. The first student with the most signatures wins the game.
7. Llegar a Conocernos
Students will get to know each other better with this fun interactive mingle activity. Also, included is a follow up writing activity.
8. A Set of 42 Conversation Cards: Weekend Activities
Directions for 3 different activities are included with the cards.
9. Stem-Changing Conjugation Boards
MORE SPANISH RESOURCES:
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺