These Spanish opinion writing prompts for second grade are designed to help you differentiate during writing time!
Each prompt comes with several graphic organizers, many options for drafting paper (with built-in scaffolds), and publishing/final draft paper.
The built in-scaffolds are included directly on the printable drafting papers. You can easily print out 2-3 versions of paper for the same prompt - and give different groups of students different types of paper, depending upon their needs.
The scaffolds include sentence starters, word banks, and self-assessment checklists.
are great for helping students structure their writing, use transition words, and write in complete sentences.
provide language and vocabulary support.
help students learn to routinely self-assess their writing. They also help “fast finishers” slow down, edit, and revise their work!
Additionally, all graphic organizers and drafting papers include the prompt and a visual representation of the prompt to ensure that students understand the writing task.
The materials in this resource will:
- Allow you to quickly and easily differentiate your writing instruction
- Provide guidance and a consistent structure to help students learn the stages in the writing process
- Support language learners, students with special needs, and struggling writers
- Help you cut down on planning time (these are all “print and go,” no prep resources!)
Here’s what’s included:
- 20 different opinion writing prompts designed for second grade students
- A full page poster for each prompt - great for introducing the prompt and/or creating bulletin board displays
- 1-3 graphic organizer options per prompt
- 14 different options for drafting paper per prompt (variations in the scaffolds provided, as well as the number of lines on the page)
- 2 different options for publishing or final draft paper per prompt
Please view the FREE preview file before you purchase!
Note: All student materials are included in Spanish, and teacher directions are in English.
The following related resources are also available:
- Second Grade Narrative Writing Prompts
- Second Grade Informational Writing Prompts
- Second Grade Writing Prompts BUNDLE
By: Learning At The Primary Pond