This download is made with the non-reader in mind. Every child knows and loves the card game “OLD MAID”!! With this download students can play the classic “OLD MAID” card game while practicing correct production of the /K/ phoneme in all positions of words. It includes one card game set of 48 picture cards to target /K/ production while playing the game of “ OLD MAID” as well as extra cards for variety. Students are asked to say the item pictured or use the item pictured in a sentence each time they make a match while playing the game. Also included in this download is:
• Directions for game play
• A list of the target words used in order to help the speech language therapist identify the pictured items if necessary.
• Extra cards for variety.
• A title sheet that can be used as a label for the Ziploc bag that the cards can be stored in.
DIRECTIONS FOR GAME PLAY
2 to 6 players
• Print the picture cards on cardstock and laminate for durability.
• 48 picture cards and 1 OLD MAID card are used to play “OLD MAID”. Choose 24 picture card sets from below. Each set contains 2 identical picture cards. You will have a total of 48 picture cards for game play. More cards have been included for variety.
• Shuffle the 49 picture cards in the deck.
• Once the cards are shuffled, the dealer should deal all cards out to the players face down.
• Players look at their cards and place any matching pairs face up in front of them.
• The first player picks a card from the player on his left. If the card makes a match with a card in his hand, then the player puts that match face up on the table. As the students place matches on the table they should name the picture on the card or if appropriate use the word in a sentence.
• Players continue to take turns drawing one card from another player until all the matches have been made.
• The player that has the “OLD MAID” card at the end of the game loses.
/K/ TARGET WORDS INCLUDED!!
kite, kangaroo, cow, cupcake, pancake, duck, corn, ketchup, donkey, couch, cat, broccoli, car, carrots, bucket, calculator, candy cane, cactus, camera, candle, camel, barbecue, coconut, cards, caterpillar, binoculars, microphone, coins, computer, coffee, helicopter, handcuffs, cauliflower, pumpkin, peacock, picnic table, shark, sack, rake, lock, anchor, camping, basket, raccoon, cage, tickets, chicken, cookie