This download is made with the non-reader in mind. Students play this game just like the classic SKIP-BO game while practicing correct production of the /SH/ phoneme in all position of words. It includes one game set to target /SH/ production while playing the game. Cards with pictured /SH/ words super imposed on them are used while playing this entertaining and fun game of order! Students are asked to say the item pictured each time they take their turn while playing the game. You can increase the complexity of the task by asking student to use the word in sentences. Also included in this download is:
• Directions for game play
• A list of the target words used in order to help the speech language therapist identify the pictured items if necessary.
• A title sheet that can be used as a label for the Ziploc bag that the cards can be stored i
shovel, splash, shapes, shrimp, shark, tissues, shirt, shamrock, toothbrush, chandelier, fish, shell, shears, washing, sheet, trash can, shorts, leash, decorations, dishes, sheep, shop, shot, cash, shadow, chef, dictionary, caution sign, shepherd, shower, cash register, sheriff’s badge, paintbrush, crash, shaver, ship, shack, shoulder, flash, shield, cushion, celebration, copy machine, dish soap, shoe, shiver, shopping cart, rocket ship, sharpener, shelf, mustache, eyelashes, washing machine, parachute, wishing well, fire extinguisher, horseshoe, milkshakes, graduation hat, shut, pushpin, shopping bag, fishbowl, sweatshirt, explosion, shaving cream, sheepdog, eruption, television, flashlight, marshmallow, invitation, starfish, hairbrush, exclamation point, spaceship, sushi, fishing pole, licorice, show, nail polish, squash, eggshell, shake hands, fishing hook, fire station, space shuttle, fishing, wishbone, mushroom pincushion, radishes, addition, shoelace
HOW TO PLAY
2 to 5 players
OBJECT: Get rid of the cards in your stockpile by building 4 piles in numerical sequence from #1 to #10. The first who player gets rid of all his/her cards in their STOCKPILE wins!!
YOU SHOULD HAVE – 96 Cards as follows: Print the following cards (see below) and laminate. Cut cards apart.
8 cards each for the numbers 1 thru 10
16 Wild Cards
• The therapist is the dealer.
• The dealer shuffles all the cards and deals each player 10 cards face down. The cards you are dealt are your stockpile. NOTE: For shorter game times deal less cards.
• Each player turns the top card of their stockpile face-up and leaves it on top of the stockpile
• The youngest player goes first.
• On each player’s turn, the dealer deals that player 3 cards face-up (spread out next to each other). This is the player’s hand.
NOTE: On subsequent turns, if the active player has cards leftover from a previous turn, the dealer deals the 3 new card directly on top of the remaining cards, forming 3 stacks.
• As you play, you will create and play BUILDING PILES in the center of the play area. BUILDING PILES are created by playing cards in sequence from #1 to #10.
• There can be up to, but no more than 4 BUILDING PILES in the play area. All players can play on all 4 BUILDING PILES.
• A building pile can be started by playing a #1 card or a WILD? Card. A WILD? Card can be played to represent any number.
• Whenever you make a play in a BUILDING PILE, the card you play must be the next higher number up from the card on the top of that pile. For example if the top card is a 5, you can play a 6 on top of it . You can also play a WILD? Card to represent the #6. Whenever you make a play on the BUILDING PILE, YOU MUST SAY THE NAME OF THE PICTURED ITEM ON THE CARD WITH GOOD SOUND PRODUCTION.
• Once a BUILDING PILE reaches #10 (or a WILD? card representing the #10), that pile has been completed and is removed so a new pile can be started.
• On your turn try to make a play using the card from the top of your stockpile. If you play the top card, flip over the next card and try to play that card, and so on.
• You can also make plays from the cards at the top of your hand. When you play a card from your hand, the next card revealed underneath it is now playable, if any.
• During your turn, continue playing by adding cards to the BUILDING PILES in numerical order until you can no longer make a play. When you can no longer play, it is the next player’s turn (to your left).
• If the dealer runs out of fresh cards to deal, reshuffle all of the cards from the discarded building piles
• The player who is first to get rid of all the cards in their stockpile wins! You do not need to get rid of the cards in your hand.