I was just having some fun with spiders and wanted to share this activity packet with you to use in your classroom when covering invertebrates or if you're focusing on a spider unit.
This download includes the following activities that is intended to be an overview lesson of our favorite eight-legged friend.
1. Spider Silhouettes – copy, cut and place around your classroom, inside textbooks, on windows or wherever these beauties would like to sit and wait for their prey.
2. Spider Identification Cards – 12 cards featuring some amazing spiders that you can pass out to groups of students in order to read and use to complete the puzzle “Name That Arachnid”.
3. Spider Research – using the same format as the Spider Identification Cards, have students fill out the Informational Posters by either choosing a spider to research or use the pictures included to get the students started.
4. ‘Parts of a Spider’ is the activity to use before bringing out spider specimens to look at using a dissecting scope or magnifying glass. I have included a Spider Labeling sheet for a spider’s outer structure and a more challenging labeling sheet of the anatomy of a spider.
5. Preserve a Spider Web – a fun activity to assign students over a weekend so they can bring in their webs to showcase (and it’s great as holiday decoration for your room!).
Download preview to see all pages included.
**Please note - this was originally the "Arachnid" activity pack I posted as a seasonal product.
Special thanks to EduClips for the creative spider clipart used in this product!