SPRING Reading Comprehension Passages for Text Evidence Bundle
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- Need to provide practice with close reading and identifying text evidence? These 80 fiction and nonfiction text passages engage and challenge students while they develop critical literacy skills, essential comprehension, and test prep success.The cost is about 22¢ per passage, and you get 80 originaPrice $19.97Original Price $39.94Save $19.97
These 20 print and digital reading comprehension passages - SPRING themed - are great for practicing close reading and identifying text evidence in NONFICTION and FICTION text passages. Referring to the text and identifying answers are essential reading skills and great for test prep.
WHAT SKILLS ARE COVERED?
- finding the answers (text evidence) in the passages - 20 passages!
- referring back to the text evidence
- answering questions using the text information
- comparing and contrasting organizer
Just print the pages, and you're ready for class! First, students IDENTIFY answers in the text. Then, they'll underline the text evidence in a specific color and answer the corresponding question.
Both versions include the same NONFICTION passages about SPRING that teach accountability when answering comprehension questions.
HERE'S WHAT YOU GET:
- A DIGITAL (paperless) version for Google Classroom™ using Google Slides™
- A PRINTABLE paper/pencil version
- 10 original nonfiction passages about SPRING themes
- 10 original fiction stories focusing on SPRING themes
The print and digital versions include the same fiction and nonfiction passages about SPRING that teach accountability when answering comprehension questions.
THE NONFICTION PASSAGE TOPICS:
- A Bird's Nest
- Fact File: Chipmunk
- Fact File: Bald Eagle
- What is a Rainbow?
- Save the Bees
- Fact File: Ladybug
- The Dragonfly
- The Most Dangerous Bird in the World
- What's a Tadpole?
THE FICTION PASSAGE TOPICS:
- A Big Climb
- A Special Eagle Spotting
- Earth Day
- The Sleepover
- Letter to a Friend
- Never Give Up
- Spring Cleaning
- The Big Storm
- The Comeback
- The Proudest Moment
IMPORTANT: No holidays are mentioned.
WHAT'S DIFFERENT ABOUT THIS RESOURCE?
"Bubbles" rather than crayons are used to indicate which color to underline or highlight. This set is perfect for older, struggling readers to feel more mature and comfortable using these pages.
THE PRINTABLE SET INCLUDES:
- 10 Nonfiction text passages (same passages as the digital version)
- 10 Fiction stories (same passages as the digital version)
- A Venn Diagram for comparing two passages
- A page asking students to create two questions of their own along with answers to the questions
- Answer keys
HOW DO I USE THE PRINTABLE SET?
Students read the passage at least one time before beginning the questions. Each question has a bubble with a color word written inside. Students look back in the reading, locate the answer, and underline it using the color designated by the bubble. Then students write their answers on the lines. That's how they show text evidence and prove their answers.
THE DIGITAL SET INCLUDES:
- 10 Nonfiction text passages (same passages as the print version)
- 10 Fiction stories (same passages as the print version)
- A slide asking students to create two questions of their own along with answers to the questions
- Answer keys
- Directions for assigning the digital slides to students
HOW DO I USE THE DIGITAL SETS?
Students read the passage at least one time before beginning the questions. Each question has a colored bubble in front of it. Students will look back in the reading, locate the answer, and cover it with the drag and drop highlighting strip in the designated color.
WHAT DO YOU NEED FOR THIS RESOURCE?
- These resources were created with Google Slides™.
- You will need a Google email to make a copy for your Google Drive.
- You can assign these passages through Google Classroom or send them via email to students.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I PURCHASE THIS RESOURCE?
- Download and read the PDF directions.
- Click the links to make a copy of each resource for your own drive.
- Assign to your students using the enclosed directions.
This resource is NOT EDITABLE.
SUPPORTS COMMON CORE STANDARDS (CCSS):
R.I. 2.1, R.L. 2.1
R.I. 3.1, R.L. 3.1
R.I 4.1, R.L. 4.1
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Text Evidence BUNDLE: Woodland Animals and Primates
ALL READING COMPREHENSION PASSAGES
Click here to follow my store. You'll be notified about sales and new resources posted at 50% off for the first 24 hours.