This grid is going to save you a lot of time! It may reinforce some of the concepts that you have already taught or may even be the very beginning of the journey for some of your pupils. The biggest change in the curriculum is the vocabulary being used to describe some of these elements. When 'openers' used to be enough, now only 'fronted adverbials' will do. Likewise, the trusty 'speech mark' is now an 'inverted comma.' If you need some help finding the difference between your perfect and continuous verb tenses, then look no further.
This resource is intended to be used for:
- starting a lesson (a quick introduction followed by a core task)
- a 10 - 15 minute revision session
- revision notes for the children (if you could place this in a shared folder such as Edmodo or OneNote!)
- as a recap at the end of a lesson (a plenary)
- to expose your children to example test questions