This PDF includes an answer key and three versions of an activity to allow for scaffolding.
Ways to use this include:
- Walking students through as a form of note-taking
- Giving them the version that has some answers in place and having them use their notes or research where everything else goes.
- After taking notes on all of these events, having students cut and assemble as a group activity
- Have students write in or cut out and paste, individually or as a group.
- Print a jumbo version of the answer key as an anchor chart.
When I introduce this standard, I teach the kids to chant "The war...that led to the tax...that led to the acts...that led to the war." We chant this a few times and I make sure they are clear that by acts, we mean actions of the colonists. This is a great way to frame everything we discuss and an easy chant to help them recall later in the year.
I welcome all suggestions and corrections!
May the force be with you!