**SSI Folder Game: Hot/Not Hot**
The object of this folder is to sort the food items into their appropriate setting. Items that are hot get placed on or in the stove, while items that are not hot get placed in the fridge or freezer accordingly.
This product is a template (PDF) to make your own folder game.
-You will ONLY PRINT pages 4-6 to create the game.
-Page 2 contains general folder game assembly instructions.
-Page 3 contains instructions for this game, with sample target vocabulary and a photo illustration of what the completed folder game should look like.
This fun folder game was developed to support massed practice for motor speech therapy goals. It can be used in several different ways.
1) Jaw movement (vertical) word targets: hot, not
2) Jaw movement (vertical) phrase targets: not hot
3) Labial-facial movement (horizontal) word targets: soup
4) Integration of jaw and lips word targets: pizza, teapot
Young children will also enjoy this colorful and motivating folder game to work on:
5) kitchen and food name vocabulary
6) expressive language: sentence formulation (e.g. The ice cream goes in the freezer), prepositions (e.g. on the stove, in the oven, etc.)
Have fun, and check out SSI Folder Games' other folder games for speech and language therapy!
**Thank you for supporting The Speech and Stuttering Institute, a non-profit organization! Please respect the copyright on this material by refraining from distributing this resource to others.**