Want students to practice a variety of reading strategies during Sustained Silent Reading (SSR)? Students receive this bookmark from me at the beginning of the year and are expected to use it when we read. They are Pokemon and Yoda themed, but feel free to copy and paste into a word doc or Google Drawings and add your own characters!
If you buy bookmark 1 & 2 you can print on both sides in order to have a double-sided reading strategies bookmark.
The following reading strategies are on the book mark:
- Locate key words - Write down words that seem powerful. Why do you think that the author selected this word.?
- Visualize the story - What picture do you see in your mind?
- Re-read the text - more information = more understanding
- Evaluate understanding - What did I learn?
- Activate prior knowledge - What do I already know about this?