THE STORY OF SAINT PATRICK READING
1. The Story of St. Patrick: This is a 2 page reading on the true life story of St. Patrick.
2. Vocabulary Exercises (3 pages): Matching/ Fill In the Blanks/ and Correct the Sentences. These vocabulary exercises include words like immigrant, legend, kidnap, escape, missionary etc.
3. Sequence Strip Story: Students will cut apart the strips, put them in order and then paste them on a separate piece of paper.
4. Making Information Question: WH Question Words
Students will make information questions using the WH Question Words (who, what, what kind of, where, when, why, how, how long, how many etc.) Students will first read the answer to the question. The underlined word in the sentence will indicated which WH question word the students will need to use to write the correct question.
St. Patrick’s Day is March 17th.
Students need to write the question “When is St. Patrick’s Day?”
5. Scrambled Words: Students will unscramble the words from the story.
THE STORY OF SAINT PATRICK: SMART Board
1. Smart Board Lesson (10 pages)
Students will have fun with this interactive Sequencing unit. They will move the sentences on the SMART Board to put them in the correct order. There are 13 interactive pieces about the life of St. Patrick. There are 7 slides with pictures to help the students understand the story better. They could then retell the story in their own words by only looking at the pictures on the slides.
2. Follow Up worksheet with Teacher Notes included.
Students will cut apart the strips and put them in order. Then, they will paste them on a separate piece of paper. (These sentences are very similar to those used in the Smart Board Lesson.)
Graphics provided by: