This fully editable PowerPoint presentation walks students through the entire STAAR essay writing process -- from prompt deconstruction, to crafting a thesis and adding evidence, to concluding with a call to action.
Deconstructing the Prompt
- consider all three parts of the writing assignment
- mark all key words and phrases
- preliminary prewriting with a T-chart
- flexh out chosen position
- state your position clearly in a thesis sentence
- provide specific evidence for your argument
- put it all together
Revise and Edit
The sample essay uses the 2017 STAAR Released Test. An additional score-point four (combined eight) student essay is included.
In addition to the beefy PowerPoint presentation, a student supplemental handout and teacher speaker notes are included in the zip file.
STAAR EOC English II Persuasive Essay Evidence
STAAR EOC English II Persuasive Essay Preparation
Shaping the STAAR EOC Essay
STAAR English EOC Persuasive Essay Breakdown
Lesson Plans English II STAAR EOC Persuasive Essay Scoring and Writing Workshop
Click Here to View My Store!