This product is designed to be used in middle school classrooms.
There are a total of 24 literary nonfiction task cards
. Each card has a short excerpt from a literary nonficiton text. Each of the cards has a STAAR-like question. The questions are designed to look like questions students may see on the STAAR test. The questions that are asked have been created using STAAR stems and modeled from the released STAAR passages.
There are so many uses for this product. You can use them as a warm up or as an exit ticket. You can use them in literacy stations, gallery walks, or even work for early finishers. Every time I use them in a different way. These cards are so versatile.
© Christi Cecil 2018
If you like this product, check out my other STAAR resources
• STAAR Reading - Drama Task Cards
• STAAR Reading - Nonfiction Task Cards - Vol. 2
• STAAR Reading Task Cards - Bundle
• STAAR Reading Task Cards - Expository Edition
• STAAR Reading Task Cards - Fiction Edition
• STAAR Reading Task Cards - Poetry edition