This PDF is a slideshow of questions styled after the STAAR Reading Test for 3rd grade.
I've tried to reword the questions so that they can be asked of any Biography or Autobiography you wish to read without losing any of the vocabulary used on the actual test.
3.4B - Context Clues
3.9 & Figure 19D - Making Inferences
3.2B - Locating Facts and Details
3.5 & Fig 19D - Inferring Theme
3.16 - Media Literacy
What you get:
- Seven slides of questions to ask and answer before, during, and after reading.
- Printable cards for each question - 4 per page
Each card contains:
- The Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) addressed
- Asterisks to indicate how many times the question is asked on released test items.
- One open-ended question
- A sentence stem that restates the question to support students in responding (Great for English Language Learners!)