*ALIGNED WITH MATH TEKS FOR THE 2015-2016 SCHOOL YEAR*
Continue preparing your students for the end-of-year STAAR or other state assessment in the 4th 6 weeks of school with our 4th set of STAAR Wars 3rd Grade Math Task Cards!
This product includes 24 task cards aligned with 3rd grade math TEKS and common core standards for operations / algebraic thinking / measurement / data and are perfect for assessing where your students are and where you need to go for the next 6 weeks of school.
These rigorous, higher-level thinking questions are made in STAAR format, have multiple choice answers, and address these skills:
•Decompose composite figures formed by rectangles into non-overlapping rectangles to determine the area of the original figure using the additive property of area
• Determine the unknown number in a multiplication or division equation relating 3 whole numbers when the unknown number is either a missing factor or product
• One-step & two-step problems involving addition & subtraction within 1,000
• One-step & two-step problems involving multiplication & division within 100
• Represent real-world relationships using number pairs in a table & verbal descriptions
• Solve one-step & two-step problems using categorical data represented with a frequency table, dot plot, pictograph, or bar graph with scaled intervals
• Summarize a data set with multiple categories, using a frequency table, dot plot, pictograph, or bar graph with scaled intervals
• Use arrays, strip diagrams, & equations to represent one-step & two-step problems involving multiplication & division problems within 100
• Use pictorial models, number lines, & equations to represent one-step & two-step problems involving addition & subtraction of whole numbers to 1,000
• Use strategies & algorithms to multiply a 2-digit number by a 1-digit number
•TEKS - 3.4A, 3.4G, 3.4K, 3.5A, 3.5B, 3.5D, 3.5E, 3.6D, 3.8A, 3.8B
•CCSS - 3.MD.B, 3.MD.C.7d, 3.OA.A.3, 3.OA.B.5, 3.OA.C.7, 3.OA.D.8, 3.OA.D.9
Instructions are included for 3 methods of review: task cards review in centers/groups/pairs/individuals, a SCOOT game, and a "Be the Teacher" game.
We hope you enjoy them, and we’d love to hear your feedback! :)
Follow us on TpT, Facebook, Instagram and/or Pinterest to be alerted when the next 6 weeks’ cards are added.
~Heather & Ashley
Watson Works, LLC
*Full preview of the product available by selecting the preview button above.
© 2015 Watson Works, LLC. Except as permitted under the United States Copyright Act, no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored, or distributed in any form or by any means (mechanically, electronically, recording, etc.) without the prior written consent of Watson Works, LLC. Purchasing this product in digital form from the Watson Works store on TeachersPayTeachers.com licenses one teacher to use this product in his/her classroom or for personal use. Additional licenses must be purchased for additional teachers to use this product. Made in the USA. All rights reserved.