*ALIGNED WITH MOST UPDATED ELAR TEKS!*
**WE’VE ADDED SET NUMBERS TO EACH TASK CARD TO DISTINGUISH BETWEEN SETS.**
Continue preparing your students for the end-of-year STAAR or other state assessment in the 5th 6 weeks of school with our 5th set of STAAR Wars 3rd Grade Math Task Cards!
This product includes 24 task cards aligned with 3rd grade math TEKS and common core standards for number & operations in base ten / measurement / data and are perfect for assessing where your students are and where you need to go for the next 6 weeks of school.
These rigorous, higher-level thinking questions are made in STAAR format, have multiple choice answers, and address these skills:
•Compare two fractions having the same numerator or denominator in problems by reasoning about their sizes and justifying the conclusion using symbols, words, objects, and pictorial models.
• Decompose composite figures formed by rectangles into non-overlapping rectangles to determine the area of the original figure using the additive property of area.
• Determine liquid volume (capacity) or weight using appropriate units and tools.
• Determine the area of rectangles with whole number side lengths in problems using multiplication related to the number of rows times the number of unit squares in each row.
• Determine the perimeter of a polygon or a missing length when given perimeter and remaining side lengths in problems.
• Determine the solutions to problems involving addition and subtraction of time intervals in minutes using pictorial models or tools such as a 15-minute event plus a 30-minute event equals 45 minutes.
•Determine when it is appropriate to use measurements of liquid volume (capacity) or weight.
• Explain that two fractions are equivalent if and only if they are both represented by the same point on the number line or represent the same portion of a same size whole for an area model.
• Represent equivalent fractions with denominators of 2,3, 4, 6, and 8 using a variety of objects and pictorial models, including number lines.
•TEKS - 3.3F, 3.3G, 3.3H, 3.6C, 3.6D, 3.7B, 3.7C, 3.7D, 3.7E
•CCSS - 3.MD.A.1, 3.MD.A.2, 3.MD.C.7, 3.MD.C.7.A, 3.MD.C.7.B, 3.MD.C.7.D, 3.MD.D.8, 3.NF.A.1, 3.NF.A.3.A, 3.NF.A.3.B, 3.NF.A.3.C, 3.NF.A.3.D
Instructions are included for 3 methods of review: task cards review in centers/groups/pairs/individuals, a SCOOT game, and a "Be the Teacher" game.
We hope you enjoy them, and we’d love to hear your feedback! :)
Follow us on TpT, Facebook, Instagram and/or Pinterest to be alerted when the next 6 weeks’ cards are added.
~Heather & Ashley
Watson Works, LLC
*Full preview of the product available by selecting the preview button above.
© 2015 Watson Works, LLC. Except as permitted under the United States Copyright Act, no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored, or distributed in any form or by any means (mechanically, electronically, recording, etc.) without the prior written consent of Watson Works, LLC. Purchasing this product in digital form from the Watson Works store on TeachersPayTeachers.com licenses one teacher to use this product in his/her classroom or for personal use. Additional licenses must be purchased for additional teachers to use this product. Made in the USA. All rights reserved.