*ALIGNED WITH MATH TEKS FOR THE 2015-2016 SCHOOL YEAR*
Continue preparing your students for the end-of-year STAAR or other state assessment in the 6th 6 weeks of school with our 6th set of STAAR Wars 3rd Grade Math Task Cards!
This product includes 24 task cards aligned with 3rd grade math TEKS and common core standards for operations & algebraic thinking / number & operations in base ten / measurement / data and are perfect for assessing where your students are and where you need to go for the next 6 weeks of school.
These rigorous, higher-level thinking questions are made in STAAR format, have multiple choice answers, and address these skills:
•Compare two fractions having the same numerator or denominator in problems by reasoning about their sizes and justifying the conclusion using symbols, words, objects, and pictorial models.
• Determine the area of rectangles with whole number side lengths in problems using multiplication related to the number of rows times the number of unit squares in each row.
• Determine the corresponding fraction greater than zero and less than or equal to one with denominators of 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8 given a specified point on a number line.
• Determine the perimeter of a polygon or a missing length when given perimeter and remaining side lengths in problems.
• Explain that two fractions are equivalent if and only if they are both represented by the same point on the number line or represent the same portion of a same size whole for an area model.
• Represent and solve one- and two-step multiplication and division problems within 100 using arrays, strip diagrams, and equations.
• Represent one- and two-step problems involving addition and subtraction of whole numbers to 1,000 using pictorial models, number lines, and equations.
• Solve one- and two-step problems using categorical data represented with a frequency table, dot plot, pictograph, or bar graph with scaled intervals.
• Solve one- and two-step problems involving multiplication and division within 100 using strategies based on objects; pictorial models, including arrays, area models, and equal groups; properties of operations; or recall facts.
• Solve problems involving partitioning an object or a set of objects among two or more recipients using pictorial representations of fractions with denominators of 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8.
• Solve with fluency one-step and two-step problems involving addition and subtraction within 1,000 using strategies based on place value, properties of operations, and the relationship between addition and subtraction.
•TEKS - 3.3B, 3.3E, 3.3G, 3.3H, 3.4A, 3.4K, 3.5A, 3.5B, 3.6C, 3.7B, 3.8B
•CCSS - 3.MD.B.3, 3.MD.C.7.B, 3.MD.C.7.D, 3.MD.D.8, 3.NF.A.1, 3.NF.A.2.B, 3.NF.A.3.A, 3.NF.A.3.C, 3.NF.A.3.C, 3.NF.A.3.D, 3.OA.A.3, 3.OA.D.8, 4.MD.B.4
Instructions are included for 3 methods of review: task cards review in centers/groups/pairs/individuals, a SCOOT game, and a "Be the Teacher" game.
We hope you enjoy them, and we’d love to hear your feedback! :)
Follow us on TpT, Facebook, Instagram and/or Pinterest to be alerted when new products and sales are available!
~Heather & Ashley
Watson Works, LLC
*Full preview of the product available by selecting the preview button above.
© 2015 Watson Works, LLC. Except as permitted under the United States Copyright Act, no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored, or distributed in any form or by any means (mechanically, electronically, recording, etc.) without the prior written consent of Watson Works, LLC. Purchasing this product in digital form from the Watson Works store on TeachersPayTeachers.com licenses one teacher to use this product in his/her classroom or for personal use. Additional licenses must be purchased for additional teachers to use this product. Made in the USA. All rights reserved.