*ALIGNED WITH MOST UPDATED ELAR TEKS!*
**WE’VE ADDED SET NUMBERS TO EACH TASK CARD TO DISTINGUISH BETWEEN SETS.**
Continue preparing your students for the end-of-year STAAR or other state assessment in the 3rd 6 weeks of school with our 3rd set of STAAR Wars 3rd Grade Math Task Cards!
This product includes 24 task cards aligned with 3rd grade math TEKS and common core standards and are perfect for assessing where your students are and where you need to go for the next 6 weeks of school.
These rigorous, higher-level thinking questions are made in STAAR format, have multiple choice answers, and address these skills:
• Compose and decompose a fraction a/b with a numerator greater than zero and less than or equal to b as a sum of parts 1/b
• Describe the relationship between the availability or scarcity of resources and how that impacts cost
• Determine a quotient using the relationship between multiplication and division
• Determine if a number is even or odd using divisibility rules
• Determine the corresponding fraction greater than zero and less than or equal to one with denominators of 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8 given a specified point on a number line
• Explain that credit is used when wants or needs exceed the ability to pay and that it is the borrower’s responsibility to pay it back to the lender, usually with interest
• Explain that the unit fraction 1/b represents the quantity formed by one pa
• Explain that two fractions are equivalent if and only if they are both represented by the same point on the number line or represent the same portion of a same size whole for an area mode
• Explain the connection between human capital/labor and income
• List reasons to save and explain the benefit of a savings plan, including for college
• Represent fractions greater than zero & less than or equal to one with denominators of 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8 using: pictorial models
• Represent fractions of halves, fourths, and eighths as distances from zero on a number line
• Solve problems involving partitioning an object or a set of objects among two or more recipients using pictorial representations of fractions with denominators of 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8
•Use strategies and algorithms, including the standard algorithm, to multiply a two‐digit number by a one‐digit number.
•TEKS - 3.3A, 3.3B, 3.3C, 3.3D, 3.3E, 3.3G, 3.4G, 3.4I, 3.4J, 3.7A, 3.9A, 3.9B, 3.9C, 3.9D, 3.9E, 3.9F
•CCSS - 2.OA.C.3, 3.NF.A.1, 3.NF.A.2, 3.NF.A.2a, 3.NF.A.2b, 3.OA.B.5, 3.OA.B.6, 4.NF.B.3b, CEE 4.1.1, CEE 4.1.7, CEE 4.2.2, CEE 4.2.5, CEE 4.2.6, CEE 4.2.7, CEE 4.3.2, CEE 4.3.4, CEE 4.4.4
Instructions are included for 3 methods of review: task cards review in centers/groups/pairs/individuals, a SCOOT game, and a "Be the Teacher" game.
We hope you enjoy them, and we’d love to hear your feedback! :)
Follow us on TpT, Facebook, Instagram and/or Pinterest to be alerted when the next 6 weeks’ cards are added.
~Heather & Ashley
Watson Works, LLC
*Full preview of the product available by selecting the preview button above.
© 2015 Watson Works, LLC. Except as permitted under the United States Copyright Act, no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored, or distributed in any form or by any means (mechanically, electronically, recording, etc.) without the prior written consent of Watson Works, LLC. Purchasing this product in digital form from the Watson Works store on TeachersPayTeachers.com licenses one teacher to use this product in his/her classroom or for personal use. Additional licenses must be purchased for additional teachers to use this product. Made in the USA. All rights reserved.