*ALIGNED WITH MOST UPDATED MATH TEKS!*
**WE’VE ADDED SET NUMBERS TO EACH TASK CARD TO DISTINGUISH BETWEEN SETS.**
Continue preparing your students for the end-of-year STAAR or other state assessment in the 5th 6 weeks of school with our 5th set of STAAR Wars 4th Grade Math Task Cards! Each card in this set includes a QR code that links to the answer, making them easy to use for self-checking and math centers/stations.
This product includes 24 task cards aligned with 4th grade math TEKS and common core standards for operations & algebraic thinking / number & operations in base 10 / measurement & data and are perfect for assessing where your students are and where you need to go for the next 6 weeks of school.
These rigorous, higher-level thinking questions are made in STAAR format, have multiple choice answers, and address these skills:
• Add and subtract whole numbers and decimals to the hundredths place using the standard algorithm.
• Determine the approximate measures of angles in degrees to the nearest whole number using a protractor.
• Determine the measure of an unknown angle formed by two non-overlapping adjacent angles given one or both angle measures.
• Illustrate degrees as the units used to measure an angle, where 1/360 of any circle is 1 degree and an angle that "cuts" n/360 out of any circle whose center is at the angle's vertex has a measure of n degrees. Angle measures are limited to whole numbers.
• Illustrate the measure of an angle as the part of a circle whose center is at the vertex of the angle that is "cut-out" by the rays of the angle. Angle measures are limited to whole numbers.
• Represent and solve addition and subtraction of fractions with equal denominators using objects and pictorial models that build to the number line and properties of operations.
• Represent data on a frequency table, dot plot, or stem-and-leaf plot marked with whole numbers and fractions.
• Represent multi-step problems involving the four operations with whole numbers using strip diagrams and equations with a letter standing for the unknown quantity.
• Represent problems with an input-output table and numerical expressions to generate a number pattern that follows a given rule representing the relationship of the values in the resulting sequence and their position in the sequence.
• Solve one- and two-step problems using data in whole number, decimal, and fraction form in a frequency table, dot plot, or stem-and-leaf plot.
• Solve problems related to perimeter and area of rectangles where dimensions are whole numbers.
•Solve problems that deal with measurements of length, intervals of time, liquid volumes, mass, & money using addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division
•Solve with fluency one-step and two-step problems involving multiplication and division, including interpreting remainders.
•TEKS - 4.E, 4.4A, 4.4H, 4.5A, 4.5B,4.5D, 4.7A, 4.7B, 4.7C, 4.7E, 4.8C, 4.9A, 4.9B
•CCSS - 4.MD.A.2, 4.MD.A.3, 4.MD.B.4, 4.MD.C.5, 4.MD.C.6, 4.MD.C.7, 4.NF.B.3.B, 4.OA.A.3, 6.SP.B.4
Instructions are included for 3 methods of review: task cards review in centers/groups/pairs/individuals, a SCOOT game, and a "Be the Teacher" game.
We hope you enjoy them, and we’d love to hear your feedback! :)
Follow us on TpT, Facebook, Instagram and/or Pinterest to be alerted when the next 6 weeks’ cards are added.
~Heather & Ashley
Watson Works, LLC
*Full preview of the product available by selecting the preview button above.
© 2015 Watson Works, LLC. Except as permitted under the United States Copyright Act, no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored, or distributed in any form or by any means (mechanically, electronically, recording, etc.) without the prior written consent of Watson Works, LLC. Purchasing this product in digital form from the Watson Works store on TeachersPayTeachers.com licenses one teacher to use this product in his/her classroom or for personal use. Additional licenses must be purchased for additional teachers to use this product. Made in the USA. All rights reserved.