*ALIGNED WITH MOST UPDATED MATH TEKS!*
**WE’VE ADDED SET NUMBERS TO EACH TASK CARD TO DISTINGUISH BETWEEN SETS.**
You asked, and we listened! Because of the success customers had with our 3rd & 4th grade STAAR WARS Task Cards, we had multiple 5th grade teachers contact us, asking us to create 5th grades sets, too. So, we’re happy to introduce the second set of our new STAAR WARS 5th Grade Math Task Cards!!
Continue preparing your students for the end-of-year STAAR or other state assessment in the 2nd 6 weeks of school with our 2nd set of STAAR Wars 5th Grade Math Task Cards! This product includes 24 task cards aligned with 5th grade math TEKS and common core standards for operations & algebraic thinking / number & operations in base ten / financial literacy skills and are perfect for assessing where your students are and where you need to go for the next 6 weeks of school.
These rigorous, higher-level thinking questions are made in STAAR format, have multiple choice answers, and address these skills:
• Add and subtract positive rational numbers fluently.
• Apply mathematics to problems arising in everyday life, society, and the workplace.
• Balance a simple budget.
• Compare and order two decimals to thousandths and represent comparisons using the symbols >, <, or =.
• Define income tax, payroll tax, sales tax, and property tax.
• Describe actions that might be taken to balance a budget when expenses exceed income.
• Develop a system for keeping and using financial records.
• Estimate to determine solutions to mathematical and real-world problems involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division.
• Explain the difference between gross income and net income.
• Identify the advantages and disadvantages of different methods of payment, including check, credit card, debit card, and electronic payments.
• Represent multiplication of decimals with products to the hundredths using objects and pictorial models, including area models.
• Represent quotients of decimals to the hundredths, up to four-digit dividends and two-digit whole number divisors, using objects and pictorial models, including area models.
• Represent, compare, and order positive rational numbers and understand relationships as related to place value.
• Round decimals to tenths or hundredths.
• Select tools and techniques to solve problems.
• Simplify numerical expressions that do not involve exponents, including up to two levels of grouping.
• Solve for products of decimals to the hundredths, including situations involving money, using strategies based on place-value understandings, properties of operations, and the relationship to the multiplication of whole numbers.
• Solve for quotients of decimals to the hundredths, up to four-digit dividends and two-digit whole number divisors, using strategies and algorithms, including the standard algorithm.
• Use a problem-solving model.
•TEKS - 5.1, 5.1A, 5.1B, 5.1C, 5.1D, 5.1E, 5.1F, 5.1G, 5.2, 5.2B, 5.2C, 5.3A, 5.3D, 5.3E, 5.3F, 5.3G, 5.3K, 5.4F, 5.10A, 5.10B, 5.10C, 5.10D, 5.10E, 5.10F
•CCSS - 5.NBT.A.3.A, 5.NBT.A.3.B, 5.NBT.A.4, 5.NBT.B.7, 5.OA.A.1, CEE.1.4.9, CEE.1.12.7, CEE.2.4.2, CEE.2.4.7, CEE.2.8.3
Instructions are included for 3 methods of review: task cards review in centers/groups/pairs/individuals, a SCOOT game, and a "Be the Teacher" game, but these cards can be used in a variety of other ways to meet your needs.
We hope you enjoy them, and we’d love to hear your feedback! :)
Follow us on TpT, Facebook, Instagram and/or Pinterest to be alerted when the next 6 weeks’ cards are added.
~Heather & Ashley
Watson Works, LLC
*Full preview of the product available by selecting the preview button above.
**You may also be interested in our STAAR Wars 5th Grade Math GROWING BUNDLE
that includes these task cards, plus 5 more sets that will be available in the future at a special discounted rate!
© 2016 Watson Works, LLC. Except as permitted under the United States Copyright Act, no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored, or distributed in any form or by any means (mechanically, electronically, recording, etc.) without the prior written consent of Watson Works, LLC. Purchasing this product in digital form from the Watson Works store on TeachersPayTeachers.com licenses one teacher to use this product in his/her classroom or for personal use. Additional licenses must be purchased for additional teachers to use this product. Made in the USA. All rights reserved.