Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
22.79 MB | 22 pages
Are you looking for a great STEM or STEAM activity for your classroom? This is my first STEM/STEAM activity in the “FULL STEAM AHEAD” series! I know that this product will help spark your students’ LOVE of STEM!
What Is the Purpose of This Activity?
Having a “Growth Mindset” is an important concept to help our students achieve. The ability to be comfortable to take chances and make mistakes is important to the growth of our learners and will stick with them into their adult lives. Along with the literature and discussions, this activity will help you begin to transfer this concept to them. Please see below as students will go through the STEM/Engineering process to build a beautiful creation out of a normal stick!
This product contains the following:
Presentation Slides Include:
1. Engineering/STEM Design Process Poster
2. Slides that take your students through the STEM/Engineering design process for this activity
3. Design Student Sheet (landscape)
4. Data Recording Sheet (landscape)
Teacher Guide Includes:
1. STEM/STEAM Material Ideas
2. Notes to help you and your students understand what an engineer does and how they think/Design process
3. Ideas for Implementing iPad App
4. Design Student Sheet (portrait)
5. Data Recording Sheet (portrait)
6. Cover Page for Class Book
7. Class Book Pages (boy & girl engineer option)
Thank you for stopping by! Follow me for updates on new "FULL STEAM AHEAD" products.
–Ashley Dearcop Shaw
Author & Creator of “If You Give A Teacher An Idea”
Check out my blog: www.ifyougiveateacheranidea.org