The Chicka Chicka Boom Boom STEAM Day is a collection of engaging STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, math) centers, activities, and printables that compliment the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. and John Archambault. This STEAM day is great for a once-a-week Fun Friday activity, a Reward Day, a party, or any day!
- 2 Science Activities (Coconut "Vinegar and Baking Soda" Science and Coconut Investigation)
- Missing Letter Boom Card™ Game
- A Coconut Tree Engineering Challenge
- 2 Art Projects (coconut tree hat and coconut name activity with auto populate name squares)
- 2 Sets of Math Puzzles (numbers to 10 and numbers to 20)
- Interactive Read Aloud Lesson Plan
- Recipe and Recipe Card
- Photo Signs
- Treat Toppers (2 versions)
- Detailed Directions
- and MORE!
How do I set up the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom STEAM Day?
There are many different ways this day can be set up. Split kids into small groups and rotate through the activities over a one day period, or spread it out over two weeks (one day per week). You can also do one center/activity a day. Many of the activities are independent, so that a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom STEAM Day can be done with one teacher. The activities can also be done whole class if enough materials are prepared.
We hope you and your students have fun with the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom STEAM Day! If you have any questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to check out the thumbnails and download the preview to see everything that is included in this resource.
If you like this Chicka Chicka Boom Boom STEAM Day or are looking for other STEAM Days, make sure to follow us. We are creating four theme-based STEAM Days for each month!
☞ Click the green ⭐ star in the upper left corner of our store page to follow us for freebies and new resources!
You may also be interested in these theme days:
- Theme Days BUNDLE | Math, Literacy & STEM Activities & Room Transformations
- St. Patrick's Day STEAM Day | Cracking Lucky's Code
- Pirate Adventure Day
Have fun! Linda Ekstrom and Michelle Woods (Kinderbrations)