EUREKUS STEAM CURRICULUM - Simple Machines:
STEM Lesson + Art Project!
Have a blast exploring levers through puppetry! Our Lever Thumb Puppets - Teaching Guide gives you all the tools you need to explore simple machines content through a fun STEAM and Maker-based art project. This digital guide includes extensive learning lessons about levers, easy-to-use art instructables and many resources to guide both STEM learning and creative making. Students then investigate levers while making kinetic puppets that have body parts that move with the push of your thumb! This guide features 4 adorable puppet templates with pre-designed lever connectors to operate the mechanical movement. The Teaching Guide also includes a Literacy Extension as students create settings and plays to animate their puppets. Great for in-class learning, enrichment programs and to simply explore at home!
- STEM Learning Lesson & Discussion Notes
- Key Vocabulary
- Historical Tidbits
- Art Project Instructables (with ease-to-follow photos!)
- Supply Lists with Web Ordering Links
- Photos of Student Work
- 4 Project Templates: owl, astronaut, dinosaur & flying pig (for copy or print)
- Literacy Extension Project
- NGSS & Common Core Standards
- Additional Resource Links
Eurekus is a registered trademark.