- Immerse your students in the study of time! Timepieces, ancient clocks, gears, astronomy, calendars and even racing bicycles and spirographic art. This fully-integrated bundle is a 4-week plan of study that integrates math, science, language arts, history, art, foreign language and even wellbeing ex$108.00$97.20Save $10.80
Middle school students create art using pendulums and spirographs.
This activity is a part of a bundle: “Ancient Time Bundle”.
Art expression can even be more interesting and engaging once added with scientific and mathematical concepts. In this project, students will experience the science behind the geometrical patterns created using a swinging pendulum and rotating spirographs.
The resource includes:
· Independent Student Project Guide
· Creative and Interactive Hands-on Art Activity
· Seminar Guide for art technique introduction
· Two Creative Expressions Projects
· Reflection Questions for Art Appreciation
· Teacher Guide includes tips and tricks for classroom management and activity presentation.
· Match this activity with the rest of the “Ancient Time Bundle”
Grade Level: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, and homeschool
Duration: 1 Week (5 hours)
About “The Project Shop” by the Mobile Montessorian
Project Shop projects are designed with middle school students in mind. They offer integrated, exciting topics for students to learn. The Student Guides provide independence so that students can be in charge of their learning while you are freed to manage your classroom, observe your student’s progress and interaction, provide intervention and even offer more challenges.
The Teacher Guides help you know how long a project should last, what might be necessary to prepare and gives you lesson suggestion on each topic. Everything is designed with four tenets in mind:
· Independence—greater self-efficacy through independently-driven tasks
· Meaningful Work—greater engagement through adult-like work
· Hands-on Experiences—greater understanding through integration of the hand and mind
· Wellbeing—reflection and care opportunities for the self, others, and the environment
Want to see more products? Ask questions? Be notified when new stuff comes out? Make sure to subscribe at the top and like this page!