The Fun and Games STEAM / STEM Task Cards is a set of activity cards to inspire young learners and makers. The collection includes 20 cards that can be printed on five (5) A4 sheets. If you would like the cards to be bigger, you may choose to print and fit on A3 sheets.
You can also use the accompanying "Maker Notes" for students to share what they know about their creation. This is available in PDF.
The 20 cards are divided into:
• Covers - 4 overview cards of the different fun and games cards (Games, Playground, Fun Spaces, and Mini Sport)
• Games - 4 cards showing four different types of games.
• Playground - 4 cards showing four different popular playground equipment.
• Fun Spaces - 4 cards showing four different types of fun spaces.
• Mini Sport - 4 cards showing four different sports that may be recreated as mini sports.
You can print as many of these cards as you need for your personal use in your school, home, or community areas. Please do not distribute or print for others. For more than one teacher, librarian, or home educator, please purchase multiple licenses.
These task cards are perfect for using in classrooms, clubs, libraries, and/or makerspaces. You can tie it in with studies on materials, measurement, design, architecture, art, technology, and/or literacy.
You can leave the task cards open ended, or with the use of specific building materials (eg, Lego, magnetic tiles, cardboard, etc). You can also add specific guidelines, such as: "Structures should be no taller than 12 inches." or "Your structure should not exceed the area of 10 square inches."
STEAM/STEM Task Cards: Building Structures
Want a way to record and assess your STEAM/STEM or Makerspace projects? Check out these STEAM/STEM Writing Task Sheets